Now that Thanksgiving is over, we're gearing up for birthday parties, Christmas and the never ending schedule conflicts that December brings. I need these pictures off my camera/phone and these thoughts out of my brain so I'm all ready to document the joys of December.
Hay ride at Dewitt Stables, complete with roasted hot dogs for dinner.
Someone ran into Jason's car (while he was driving) and drove away. Jason chased him down and got his information. He sounded really smart: "I heard a noise, but I didn't think I hit you." We'll see what happens from here. It's just on his bumper so I think we should get the money to replace the bumper and start my camera fund.
I left my ATM card in the ATM machine. I didn't even realize it until Jason called to let me know the Wells Fargo had called him to let him know I'd left something there. I guess I was so excited about depositing some birthday money that I totally forgot to get my card.
On Thanksgiving, we had dinner with Jason's family at Kevin and Chrystie's. Clara loves Mason. I love smoked turkey.
Clara had a Thanksgiving feast at preschool. I now feel more validated as a preschool mom and happily justify the painful expense. (Pictures to come)
Black Friday shopping (I wasn't going to go and changed my mind at 10:00pm... I am so glad I went)
Wedding dress shopping with Karen. The night before it took me over an hour to pick out a shirt. It took Karen 40 minutes to pick out a wedding dress. Obviously we make decisions a bit differently.Wedding decoration crafting with Karen. These things are pretty awesome.
Hazel's new 'thing' makes me laugh. She wants everything taken out of containers. One night Clara and I picked up the toys in Hazel's room. She crawled to the basket, pulled every single toy out of the basket, then crawled away. Here she's trying to throw as many of the 12-18 month clothes out of the bucket before I get her.
We loves walks. Clara loves to push Hazel. Hazel loves to go fast. I love to be outside with my girls.
One guess who put sunglasses on Hazel mid-meal.
Might have been the same person that wore a deer atop her head all morning.
Chicken chasing and catching at Grandma's
James found a new rifle. We also went on a date. While my oil was getting changed, we walked to Wal Mart. He bought me a sandwich at McDonald's and even pushed the stroller.
Hazel does not like to wear socks. It was probably mid-50's out and she kept pulling her socks off. By the time we got home, her poor little feet were freezing cold.

One guess who put sunglasses on Hazel mid-meal.
Might have been the same person that wore a deer atop her head all morning.
Chicken chasing and catching at Grandma's
James found a new rifle. We also went on a date. While my oil was getting changed, we walked to Wal Mart. He bought me a sandwich at McDonald's and even pushed the stroller.
Hazel does not like to wear socks. It was probably mid-50's out and she kept pulling her socks off. By the time we got home, her poor little feet were freezing cold.
Baby Jesus makes me cry. I don't know if it's having two kids so close to Christmas that's to blame or if it's just me, but I cry so much during this time of year. I can't think about the humble way our Savior came into this world or the love Mary must have had for him or the reverent feeling that must've been there without shedding a tear or two. And forget trying to sing Christmas songs about the Savior because those get me too. Every time.
My Ward is kind of awesome. We had our annual Christmas dinner and musical presentation. The women that put these things together are incredible. The talent that exists is inspiring.
If my thoughts came out my mouth the way they run through my brain, I would sound so much smarter. I bore my testimony today and sat down feeling like I said only part of what was on my mind and that the part I did say came out completely different than I had planned. I shouldn't be surprised - that happens every time. Someone reminded me we need to feel the Spirit too. I liked that, because maybe what I said wasn't profound and maybe it didn't come out like I wanted, but if people felt the Spirit, that's all the matters. Right?

4 comments:
Don't lie. You forgot your ATM card because you were so excited about seeing me at the store. :)
Ha ha and I asked Brenden if he and Jason have the same basketball shorts and Brenden looked at the picture and said "No, but I did buy those for him." aw....I don't know why but it made me feel so happy that he and Jason are friends. I can't explain it. It really did make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. And I'm being serious even if that does sound super corny.
oh I love your posts!!!!
However you are so awesome to put in so much info, by the time it comes to comment my brain can't handle it all to remember what to comment.
not your fault, i have a small brain:)
Anna, you're so awesome. I love how you keep it real! So glad you live somehwere warm, for the walks and the socks that come off! :) I love sweet feet.
Karen is getting married??? yeah! (I'm slow, I know). Christmas time seems to be a little more special to me after having my two Christmas babies. I spend more time crying and reflecting on Mary. I don't know if it's because my girls are christmas babies, or for the simple fact that I'm a mom.
Post a Comment