Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Productive & Lazy

I had an unusually productive Saturday. I grated and froze 10 pounds of cheese, cut and froze about 10 pounds of peaches, trimmed, bagged and froze 20 pounds of chicken and canned another 20 pounds (16 pints) of chicken. It got a little tricky with the chicken since Jason wasn't home, but my little kiddles were great. Later I trimmed/hacked down the rose bushes while Dan and Jason cleared out my garden. Days like that feel great.

However, relaxing (ahem, being lazy) feels great too. This week has been so nice. No school, no music, no set schedule. Just how I like it and precisely the reason I had so much anxiety making a preschool and music class commitment (although we've enjoyed it). I also enjoy having all the time in the world to play with my babies, laugh at Clara, let Clara play in the bag of flour she accidentally dumped out, spend the night at Grandma's, hang out with family and friends and come and go as I please and when I want.

6 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Ha ha....oh Clara. (last picture)

Don't you just love staring at Hazel in her crib? I've been doing that to Elle lately and I noticed how long she looks all of a sudden.

DeWitts said...

Love the last pic of Clara! It made my day.

angela hardison said...

those last two photos are awesome. and especially that last one, of course. hahaha

JLynn said...

I love the freedom of doing what I want, when I want, and coming and going as I please. We are just independent spirits. Too bad I don't live in az.... in case I needed some chicken, I would know who to ask. :) Looks like Clara is about to bust out a Tina Turner song in that last picture. All she needs is a microphone.
Happy Belated Birthday to Jason. I know you joked that he was old when you two were dating. Now I"m going to have to say that 33 is pretty old. That's only 7 years away from 40. I'm sure he'll appreciate this coming from me, as I've always been your most favorite, well liked and very loved best friend. ;)

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Great pictures...and nicely put. We've been lazy this week too. Having no real plans has been nice...

Jamie Wilkinson said...

That last picture is the greatest diva picture ever!

ps: You are a goddess. I could never get as much accomplished in a day as you seem to.

pps: Lily saw the pictures of Clara playing in the flour and now insists that she NEEDS to play in the flour for our next science lesson.