Friday, September 16, 2011

Forgotten Camping Pics

When I went to look for pictures from the funeral, I realized once I got to pictures of our potluck on Saturday, in my mind I thought I had gone through all our camping pictures. Woops. Here are some more pictures...

Clara is so, so pouty when she's tired. And she knows it makes us laugh, which makes her pouty face extra funny since she's trying not to laugh. Here she was so upset that she forgot to give me a hug. Look at that face.
The boys played pudgy bunny. As if the thought of shoving marshmallows in my mouth wasn't enough to make me want to throw up, I had to watch all these guys actually do it. And then spit it out. Sick.
Fire is neat.
And cowboy hats by the fire are neat too.
Clara woke up in the middle on the night. I always feel so bad for her because she gets so scared when she realizes she's not in her bed and she's alone in the tent. I ran and got her from the tent and let her hang out with us by the fire for a bit.
I didn't make it to take pictures of these guys making breakfast, but I got a few later that morning as they were cleaning up.
Clara loved playing with her cousins. They are a bit older than her, but it doesn't stop her from thinking she's as big as they are.
If you want to sit around and be lazy while you're camping, just invite Dan and Karen along. They just do everything for you!
I was holding Hazel away, thinking this would be a picture of just Clara and me but I love how Hazel is "peeking" around in this picture.
On Sunday, Jason's dad was giving him a shaving lesson. It was really funny. Dad giving shaving lesson to 16 year old son = not funny. Dad giving shaving lesson to I-can-grow-a-beard-in-one-hour 32 year old son = really funny.
Before the viewing on Sunday we celebrated Jordyn's birthday. I stole* some paper from Michelle to made her a quick, freehand crown since we didn't come prepared to celebrate and I didn't want to go to the store on Sunday. She loved it. It was a good reminder to me that more than presents, kids like to feel special on their birthday.
It's no surprise that Clara is a total goofball. On our way home, she carefully took the Caprisun wrapper off and using the sticky glue that was used to stick it to the drink, she stuck the straw to her nose.
We stopped in Payson to eat. I had to feed Hazel in the car and Clara was a little out of control. I told her if she didn't calm down, she'd lose her privelidge of being able to move around and would have to sit in her seat until I was done. Well, the hyper hippo kept being wild so I told her to sit in her seat until we went inside. So she very obediently got in her seat. Upside down. And then she giggled the rest of the time because she knew she was funny.
In the restaurant Hazel sat in her first high chair at a restaurant. She still bobs forward, so it was scary because the edge of the table was right at her face. I also fed her some of my rice and beans. It probably wasn't the best thing to feed her, but she was over her cheerios and that was my last resort. She loved them.
*Sunday night we stayed at Michelle's. They weren't even there, and she still let us stay. (That's not the first time that's happened either.) On top of that, I went into her craft room while I was there and helped myself to her paper to make the crown. Of course she didn't mind one bit. I feel bad for anyone that doesn't have a Michelle in their life. You should go find one. She's a gem.

6 comments:

Kate said...

I love camping. It's so relaxing. :)

So did you ever break out your solar oven?

Kami Milliron said...

We love camping ! And we call that game Fluffy Bunny and yes, it is hilariously fun : )

I LOVE Clara's facial expressions !

Deb said...

We were suppose to go camping this weekend, but ended up staying home because of sick kids and rainy weather. Reading your post made me sad we never made it.

I can't believe how big Hazel is looking. YOu sure do have some pretty girls there. You're going to be in trouble when they get older. They are cute, cute, cute.

Loved catching up on reading your blog. I love your honesty and you totally make me laugh.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

fun camping trip! It looks like you had a blast. The marshmellow thing would gross me out as well... yuck! the picture of Clara pouting with her arms wide open for a hug reminds me of Melanie. She'd be doing the same thing "mom, you forgot hugs and kisses" (even though I have given her them 5 or 6 times). And my favorite... the shaving lesson. Good stuff!

Emily Widdison said...

Clara is hilarious! I wish I could experience her in person. Great camping pictures. I love one with you and your two girls.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

How do kids always look adorable camping? When does that end? Lily went on her first camping trip when we were in AZ this summer. She ended up sick almost the entire time. We really have to take her again so that isn't her camping memory. You've inspired me.