Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cibola Vista Resort

Last December I got suckered into signing up for a time share presentation in Peoria. We were asked to provide $100 and 2 hours of our time, they provided $125 in Bass Pro gift cards and a 2-night stay at their resort. Since I knew we could use a little vacation for our family and that Jason would gladly spend the Bass Pro $$, I obliged. We went last weekend and had a fun little getaway weekend. A few days before we left I warned Jason: I hope you're not expecting to do anything, because basically I'm planning on sitting around all weekend. Of course I couldn't handle sitting around doing nothing all weekend, but pretty close. We left Thursday night and came back Saturday afternoon. I'd do it again, which for me means, it was worth it. We watched TV, swam, shopped, ate and enjoyed pretending like we were far from home. Clara said her favorite thing was watching TV all day. I found that rather funny since on Friday, we spent 2 hours at the presentation and she was at the pool for at least 3 hours. But, several hours of TV felt like all day to her, since at most she gets to watch a movie at home.

Funniest moment: watching Jason sit on the head of the sofa pull out bed (where Clara was sleeping) and seeing the foot of the bed raise about 4 inches off the ground. (See picture below, although it doesn't do it justice.)

Most startling moment: seeing a bug (I think it was a small sun spider) run past me as I was about to step in the shower. I screamed so loud Jason thought I was being eaten by a monster. Please tell me I'm not the only one that feels extra vulnerable unclothed.

Scariest moment: choking. I must have inhaled just after I bit down on my food and a piece of egg from my breakfast sandwich lodged into my throat. We were in the car and I couldn't breath, couldn't talk and after unsuccessfully trying to cough the thing out, I pointed to my back. Jason reached over to administer a mini-heimlich thrust and up came the egg. Maybe he made it come up, maybe he didn't, but it sure sounds romantic to say he saved my life. (Later that night he said, "You owe me, I saved your life.")

Most uncomfortable moment: sitting on Clara's bed (the sofa bed). I first compared the mattress to a collection of springs covered by a mattress pad. I think that was too generous.
The funny thing about this picture is that I unknowingly changed the setting when I turned the camera to angle it. I know how to do the color accent, but I spent hours trying to figure out how to accent multiple colors (back when I first bought my camera). I never figured it out. But apparently I did last weekend.
Jason didn't complain when I asked him to take pictures of me with the girls.
(Note to self: do not allow husband to take pictures while wearing polarized glasses.)

I let Clara paint her nails all by herself. She did pretty good.
Foot of bed being elevated...
We decided to take advantage of our geographical location and stopped by Lake Pleasant before heading home. It was my first time being there. Hazel looked at me like this in every family picture. You would have thought she had never seen me before by the way her eyes were affixed on me.
Not quite as good as Dippin' Dots, but still fun.
I finally got rid of my sunglasses that have had a lose lens for nearly 2 years. The lens was easy to pop right back in to my broken frames, but a few weeks ago, the lens went missing. Someone probably stole it to make me give in an buy new glasses.
We drove up to Anthem for a little shopping before returning home. Even though we were only about 50 miles away, it felt like we were in a different state. It was easy packing knowing we'd be so close to home and knowing exactly what type of weather we'd experience. The presentation wasn't as bad as the last one I remember going to and it was a nice excuse to spend some time with our little family.

9 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

That whole thing sounds like heaven. (Except the choking, and the spider.) Jason came up behind me a few weeks ago right before I was going to step in the bathtub, scared the CRAP out of me. I think I woke the dead. Yep, the whole naked thing makes it way worse.

I SOOOOO love the picture of Clara in mid-air. Awesome!

Jen said...

Awesome getaway!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

I LOVE the picture Jason took of you! That's just classic. Glad you could get away for some R&R. Bring me next time!!

Krista said...

how fun! I love little mini vacations! so fun for you guys to get away.

Beka said...

really looks like it was a FUN little getaway--i wanna do it too:)!!!

we need to hang out

Marie said...

Fun! I am glad you got to get away from almost nothing.Sounds like my kind of vacation.

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

You are BRAVE. The last time I got sucked into one of those time share things was two years ago and it was uber AWFUL!! I will never do one of those again, no matter how much they pay me. :) But it's good that you and your family got away for a little family retreat. Those are the happiest times. :)

Also, I'm still laughing about the whole spider/naked thing. Too funny!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Fun trip! And I love the pictures. I especially love the blurry picture of you and the girls, because that's something Brandon would have done. There really aren't any pictures of me and the family unless they are professionaly done, for that very reason. I'm glad that you had fun and got to get away!!!