It’s been 9 months since I’ve been up to Snowflake, over a year since Jason has been and 3 years since we’ve gone for the 24th festivities. All of these factors played a role in deciding to go last weekend for Jason’s Grandma Penrod’s 94th birthday, visit with family and enjoy cooler weather. Check, check and check.
We drove up Friday afternoon and went straight to our "private" fishing hole in Snowflake. The sun was just setting and other than the quicksand-like shore that we had to keep the kids away from, it was great. It reminded me how much I enjoy being in and observing nature. A giant bullfrog, a giant crawdad (or crawdile as Clara calls them) and bass.
We stayed at Jason's parent's and although the small town life isn't for me, there's something magical about this view from our bedroom window.
Saturday I took the girls to the parade by myself since Jason conveniently agreed to go golfing at 8am. We visited with some of my family after the parade. Later that day, we went to Jason's Grandma Penrod's 94th birthday party at his Aunt Janet's. They have a playhouse that Clara plays in for hours every time we're there, a swing, a trampoline and grass to run around in. It's perfect for parties with kids. I was really glad we went. It was the first time Hazel has met Great Grandma Penrod and I lucked out by getting a darling picture of those two. Clara loves her "really old Grandma with white hair".

Jason and I both agreed that natural fireworks are way more fascinating than man made. It was a good ending to our weekend getaway.

7 comments:
I am so glad you got to go and a little jealous. :) That is one of my major regrets is not having the chance to visit family in Snowflake and Mesa. Clifton's Grandma Prestwich had a 80th birthday party that weekend too! I love reading your blog-you have such fun adventures! :)
fun 24th. Did you know that Amy Orr, and her family, was in Snow Flake last weekend too? Irony. I love the picture of the lightening that you took. That's amazing! And Crawdile... now that's funny! Clara cracks me up.
I'm glad you came. 24th is always a crazy weekend and it goes by way to fast.
How fun! I just love Snowflake. Clara cracks me up, Kloey tells her Grandmas apart by the color of their hair, and Grandpas too, but in my Dads case its 'Grandpa with no hair' I bet they would get along SO great! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. :)
and good luck on the Mini-van, I will cross my fingers, and knock on wood, and ... whatever else people do to win things.
So glad you all had a great time. This year was actually the first 24the celebration we've missed.
I love how good you are at taking pictures to document your life. I need to be better about this especailly now that we have Anna (or Little Anna as Clara calls her).
We need to get together again soon and this time I may actually invite my hubby. LOL
crawdile... haha
I am so bumbed that I didn't get to spend more time with you guys while you were there for Grandma's party. It is always so hard for me to go home because there are 90 million things going on every time I am there. I know that Grandma really enjoyed having everyone there. We are going to have to have a really big bash next year to celebrate her 95th:) Your girls are darling! Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment