Jason thought I was ridiculous to send birth announcements out 5 months after Hazel was born. It definitely wasn't necessary and maybe a little silly, but I really, really wanted to. And since I always get what I want, right? Just kidding. Yes, most people probably know I had a baby. However, we have several family members that don't read my blog and we don't see or talk to, so they have never seen Hazel nor do they know how much she weighed, her birth date, etc. My two best friends from California haven’t even seen pictures. I don’t even think one of them knows what we named her! There is also something about trying to keep formalities alive that are fading, sadly, as technology advances. I like “old fashioned” traditions. A big thanks to my own personal designer
and sweat shop (she did all the letterpress herself), Angela. We didn’t send out many, only to close family and a few friends. But I did it and am happy I did. Why wouldn't I want to formally announce this beautiful, precious little baby?

Images stolen from
Angela herself.
10 comments:
the announcements are beautiful. obviously hazel is perfect. such a cute little chubber she is:) i love little chubby babies and toddlers, oh and the skinny ones too, since I have one of each :) haha, you got one of each too!:) hope you have a lovely day.
sorry about your family's loss. i have to tell you anna, out of all my friends I have ever had you've always been the most empathetic about my life's circumstances. it is hard for one to understand another's trials in life, esp. when they come from such a different family. I know the Spirit can help us understand another's burden and you've been blessed to be extra compassionate to those who come from less than desirable family situations. I myself think it is baffling the way my parents are. It is difficult- but it's not center stage in my life. It's always there though everyday. thank goodness for good friends like you:)
PS. we just texted:) and you are seriously my hero when it comes to self reliance! you are amazing.
That's what I did with Walter and my sister said, "I've never seen such a big baby on a birth announcement!" since he was like double or triple his birth weight by then.
I think it's great that you did that. I've always wanted to do that but time always got away from me. I even predesigned Collin's to make it easy for myself but then when he got here I was too busy staring at him to send them out. :) I'm sure that's why Hazel's didn't go out until now too.
Actually, I'm glad you made them. I didn't know her middle name was Joy. And I was at her blessing. How did I miss that?
I love mine, it is front and center on our fridge for now. So happy to get one. =) When going through my pictures I found Lilly's birth announcement! Yes, I can be a pack rat, but at least it is all organized!
um, we were at a year mark before I sent any out.
Ha ha got your comment on my blog :) hey I figure if we want 5 kids and I want to be done by the time I'm 35 we don't have time to spare :). Plus we don't want Brenden to be 40 when we're still having kids. Then that would mean he'd be 60 when we were just sending our last on a mission because then when would we have a chance to serve a mission. See how I have this all planned out? Ha ha that probably means this will happen very differently than what I imagined because that's how things go when you try to plan out your life ha ha. Besides, Collin was 9 months old when we got pregnant with Elle so I figure I can do it again. (And I was still nursing too).
BTW did you get my email about the zoo?
So so precious!
love it. your sis did a great job.
Anna! I do not think you are crazy! I said "SOME accountants are kind of crazy". I think you are pretty awesome! You always took the time to chat with us at KS even when you were probably really busy! I think when someone takes the time out of their busy day just to talk and say hi shows a lot about their character. Thank you!
Also my mom got your cute announcement in the mail and I love it! Angela did such a good job! I really love to share a middle name with Hazel and she is adorable! It looks like i'm going to be having a december/christmas baby too! :)
I saw those on Angela's blog and thought they turned out darling. And you shouldn't feel at all ridiculous. I sent out Lily's birth announcements right around four months. I've come to terms with my procrastinating tendencies, though.
Post a Comment