Sunday, May 15, 2011

This & That

Sometimes I feel like I have two four year olds. Although one is 8 times that age and 7 times the weight.

Friday Jason and Clara went to the Father/Daughter outing with my dad and Lily. Clara was so excited.Technically, I suppose I could have gone. After all, I am my father's daughter. Instead I stayed home with big plans. Too bad I just wanted to lay around with my sweet baby. It really hampered my ability to be 100% productive.
Clara found a little treasure in one of my old purses.
C: What's this?
M: Something big girls use.
C: For what?
M: You'll find out when you're older
C: How old?
M: When you go through puberty.
C: What's purbety?
M: I'll tell you later.
C: Okay. Look, I'm blind.
We had some beautiful weather last week. We enjoyed our outside time as much as our schedule would allow. One day we went exploring in our front yard. We watched the ants
and found a baby orange. The pink makeup? Clara is a princess "inja" (aka ninja).
One day we met Roccy and Jonathan at the park for a picnic. I tried Camille's bubble activity. Not so great for our 4 year olds. They would try so hard to take a super deep breath to blow into the bottle to produce bubbles. The only problem was they would forget to take their mouth off the bottle before taking said deep breath. Both of them inhaled and choked on a fair amount of bubbles.
Hazel's first ride in the Snuggli. We went to the library (I finally got the courage to pay my late fees) and I needed my hands. It worked out nicely.
Food is getting so expensive. I don't think it's hard to eat healthy on a tight budget. Been there, done that. But I do think if you want to eat "better" healthy meals, that's when it gets expensive. Good food is probably my biggest weakness when it comes to spending money.

We like to take walks to our mail box. Especially when the weather is right. It's a 15-20 minute walk there and back.
This is what we keep our house at to save money.
Just kidding. One of our A/C's kept turning on and it was not hot in our house. I went to check it one day and noticed it said our house was 85*. That's when I realized for a few hours of the day, the sun shines through our skylight directly onto our thermostat, heating it well above the actual temperature of our house. The other day it said 90*.

Today in church I told Jason he was ruining my life. He told me I'd be the happiest girl on earth if I'd just lower my expectations. Then we laughed. I'm glad we get each other.

I've been wanting a micrSD card for my phone so when I saw this 2GB at buy.com for $5.95 and free shipping, I bought it. I'm still amazed that 2GB of info can fit on this tiny little thing. Think how amazed I would have been had I bought the 8GB one instead!
Saturday night we had a little birthday celebration for Karen and Erin. The salad dressing wasn't great, the main dish was not what I was expecting and I over cooked the pound cake. Luckily the great company allowed us to still have a successful night.
I love this picture. It's random, but everyone looks so happy. It makes me grateful for good friends that I enjoy spending time with.
Last night we laid on the grass, played with glow sticks and enjoyed the perfect weather. Seriously. I could have stayed out there all night.
Clara said, "I'm like Santa Clause. But I'm Tinker Bell." Then she dragged a bag full of shredded paper all over the house and back to her jet.
I have been backing up my pictures. In the process, I like to browse. I found this little goody.
In church today Clara was having a hard time being still. Just before I got mad at her, I remembered I made us all late to church, which made me realize we are all at different phases in life. Some of us have a hard time sitting still for an hour and fifteen minutes. Most of the time they make it, sometimes they don't. Some of us struggle every week to get to church on time. Most of the time they make it, sometimes they don't. We are all learning and growing and remembering that helps me be more patient and understanding with Clara.

Life is good.

7 comments:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Wait a second... was that Dan Matthews? is he dating Karen?

Sorry... I had a lot of funny things to say, but they all went away when I saw that picture. ha ha!

sorry the bubble thing was not a good activity. I had to keep reminding Melanie not to breath with the bottle in her mouth and that seemed to work, but I can see how easy it would be to inhale the bubbles.

Kami Milliron said...

Haha, I love the pad on Clara's eyes ! Douglas found a tampon in my purse once. He asked what it was ( he thought it was a sucker at first ! ) so I told him it was something for my tummy. Kind of like medicine. So he calls them " Mommy's tummy's "

Rachel+Co said...

Hahaha! Clara is so awesome! And I consider spending more for good/better food to be an act of courage, a strength—not a weakness.

Kate said...

Love the picture of Clara with the pad on her eyes. That is hilarious. It will also make a GREAT blackmail picture someday...

kate said...

clara is so funny! your stories never fail to make me laugh.

angela hardison said...

seems like you're pretty good at not answering some of clara's embarrassing questions. that girl... she's so curious. i love it.

Jen said...

At my MIL's house the sun shines directly on her thermostat from the bathroom window into the hallway so she has to make sure she keeps the bathroom door shut.