Hazel had another one of those days yesterday. Today, totally happy and normal. Weird. Also weird, the second I put her in this sling thing, she falls asleep.
I think I was justified in getting a bit upset when Clara accidentally peed her pants yesterday.
I don't like it when people are vague on their blogs. Kind of like I was on Monday. Sometimes I just don't know what to say, so I don't say much.
The dresser we bought smells like smoke. How cool is that? I have plans to get it out. Other smells are more likely to make me want to vomit, but cigarette smoke is the most irritating smell of all for me.
Looks like Clara is going to like math like me. She's already adding and subtracting.
addition: termites are "termamites", ideas are "ideals"
subtraction: surprises are "sprises", diseases are "seases", decided is "sided"
Looks like Clara is going to like math like me. She's already adding and subtracting.
addition: termites are "termamites", ideas are "ideals"
subtraction: surprises are "sprises", diseases are "seases", decided is "sided"
Last night our power went out. All the clocks were blinking this morning and I went to go get my cell phone to see what time it was. I found myself wondering, What did we do when the power went out and we didn't have cell phones? Then I remembered when our power would go out in Snowflake, before the cell phone era, and there was a number you could call to tell you the time. Technology changes so many little things.
I love this baby.
My goal today: sit on the couch in my pj's as long as possible. I'm sick and it's cold out, why not? I did take a shower and got dressed since I had spit up all over me. Right now I'm letting my little beeby sleep on me. And wishing my head didn't hurt so I could fall asleep too.
About the men in our backyard... There is a group of retirees from Canada that volunteer for the United Food Bank. They pick people's oranges (for free!) all over this area, then donate the produce to the Food Bank. It'd be tough to pick all the oranges ourselves (we have 35 citrus trees, 32 are navels) and even if we did, we'd never be able to get rid of all that citrus. It works out nicely for everyone involved. Speaking of our citrus, some of our lemons and oranges are GIANT. I held them up next to an average sized one, taken from the same tree even.
I am on a mission to get my house organized, every single room, before this Sunday. I am sick of having an anxiety attack thinking of someone looking into my room, let alone walking into it. {I wrote this before I got sick last night. Since it feels like someone stabs me in the ear with a knife every few minutes, I think I'll lower my expectations. Hopefully the laundry is put away before Sunday.}
About the men in our backyard... There is a group of retirees from Canada that volunteer for the United Food Bank. They pick people's oranges (for free!) all over this area, then donate the produce to the Food Bank. It'd be tough to pick all the oranges ourselves (we have 35 citrus trees, 32 are navels) and even if we did, we'd never be able to get rid of all that citrus. It works out nicely for everyone involved. Speaking of our citrus, some of our lemons and oranges are GIANT. I held them up next to an average sized one, taken from the same tree even.
I am on a mission to get my house organized, every single room, before this Sunday. I am sick of having an anxiety attack thinking of someone looking into my room, let alone walking into it. {I wrote this before I got sick last night. Since it feels like someone stabs me in the ear with a knife every few minutes, I think I'll lower my expectations. Hopefully the laundry is put away before Sunday.}

9 comments:
I hate it when people are vague in their blogs too.
Try putting a bucket of charcoal by your dresser. I promise it will work.
Ahh, the Time Lady! That's one of the few pre-cell phone numbers I don't remember...rats, I wonder if it still works!
A couple of paint tips I've learned while painting my living room, two bathrooms and kitchen:
Sureline paint edger helps TREMENDOUSLY! It really makes the edges look 1000 times better than a brush, plus it's way faster. If you put the paint on the sureline with a brush, it helps keep it cleaner and less messy.
http://www.amazon.com/Shur-Line-500-Premium-Paint-Edger/dp/B0001MQI9E
Also, I highly recommend the premium paint with the primer in one. I didn't on my living room and I ended up having to paint the room 3 full times. One primer, and two color coats. On the bathrooms I only had to do one color coat and a little touch up!! Saved so much time and effort. And while it's $10 more a can and a can doesn't go quite as far, I think it breaks even since you don't have to pay for primer or a second coat.
I don't know what you have done about the smell in your dresser. I had that problem once and I put potpourri (I know I didn't spell that right ...) Anyway, after a few weeks that helped. Good luck, I understand how bad that can stink up a room!
anna- you are funny- too much to comment on- i'd have to re-read your entire post!!:)- glad you've been getting help- you ROCK!! lets go to that awesome kids museum sometime!!:)
i hope you start feeling better.
Clara is adorable. I'll be honest, when I want to quit blogging (it is a constant argument I have with myself), I remember the reason I started is to remember little things like that.
I hate painting. Hate, hate, HATE! I thought I would enjoy it, but that was before I tried to paint my entire house by myself before bringing the furniture into it. I think the first room - er- the first wall, maybe...okay, the first roll was fun. After that, not so much.
I love that shirt your wearin when you're showing off your mutant citrus. Very cute!
So funny. That college lecture interuption totally sounds like something I would do. Can't pass up a single opportunity to preach to the kids.
Your "Observation: Not crazy" post cracked me up. I feel the same exact way. How come some days I'm on top of the world and others I just lay around on the couch all day and I'm cranky? That cycle caused me to create a new years goal of being consistant this year. So far I'm don't doing the greatest. Oh well.
Thanks for your sweet comment about my kids being nice to each other. They really are sweet and get along great,but you also have to remember in blog land not EVERYTHINNG is mentioned. Somedays my kids are sweet as pie (especially Smith, but I think it's just part of his personality that he came with)but they do also fight their fair share.
The day after Smith took care of June and her stitches he told her she was really bad at coloring and that Adelaide shouldn't like princesses because their stupid. So just so you know, he can be a little turkey too. (but don't tell him I told you so because it's also part of his personality to get extremely imbarrassed when I tell people things like that:)
And yes I'm aware of the ten different spelling and grammatical errors I made on that novel like comment.
Post a Comment