I can't wait for you to grow up, but only so I can reveal some truth to you. 90% of the time I come into your room and discover you disobeying, I calmly explain the problem, tell you what your consequence will be, then turn and go into my room. As I walk, I laugh inside and make sure you don't see the smile on my face. When I get in my room, I write or type what you did or said and chuckle some more. A few days ago, you were to be cleaning your room. As I glanced in, you were reading every single page of every single book you picked up prior to setting it on the bookshelf. Today, I walked in to find you sitting at your table, wearing nothing but a swim suit and a tan knit sweater, looking at a miniature hymn book. You very seriously said, "I'm too tired to clean. I tried and I tried, but I just can't do it." Just so you know, I understand. I try and I try not to laugh when you do things like this, but I do. At least I can hide it for the most part.
Thanks for the laughs,
Mom
PS As I type this, you are dancing in my room, proudly watching every single move you make in the mirror.

4 comments:
She reminds me so much of Bryn. No punishment really works. If I put her in her room for a time out she pretends its a jungle or a magical land and loves being there. If I take a toy away she doesn't care she finds another one or creates one out of paper. But I don't think I'd ever change her humor or the zest she has for life. It is contagious and I am glad she shares it with me.
Clara is darling!!! So pretty!
It is so important to keep record of these things ! I am so happy I have recorded everything my kids have done so far. Clara is so funny and totally adorable !
She is just so fabulous! I adore little girls.
Last night Lily came toddling into my office thirty minutes after I put her to bed and said "I'm having trouble sleeping. I tried and I tried, but I *really* would rather play." It is so very hard not to laugh in the face of such earnest statements.
i wish i could carry her around with me all day.
Post a Comment