Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kidlet Update

Hazel had a rough evening, which means she'll probably sleep really good tonight. Which means I should probably take advantage of it and go to sleep so I can sleep really good tonight as well. First, a little update on my two little darlings.

Hazel is still a good baby. She makes the funniest faces (see proof below) and is really smiley. We may sound like fools trying to get her to smile, but totally worth it. She will "talk" to me and I love hearing her sweet little voice. We're still over protective of her but I just don't want to chance her getting sick. She has chubby cheeks and her eyes are much bluer than the normal newborn grayish blue. She stopped wearing her newborn clothes a few weeks ago and is almost too long for her 3 month stuff. I feed her around 10p and 11p and she sleeps anywhere from 5-6am. Occasionally she'll wake up before 5, but that is rare. She makes our little family feel complete.
Clara is still driving me crazy and cracking me up all day every day. Last week at the park she laid in a tree for probably 20 or 30 minutes. She said she just needed to rest. Saturday I got after her twice for asking "Why?" every time I tell her no and on the third time she said, "I wasn't asking 'why', I was saying the letter 'Y'". She loves Hazel and loves to "watch" her for me. She has been having a really hard time at night. When I ask her why she wakes up, she almost always says, "Because I loved you so much" or "Because I just missed you so much". It's always said with a smirk on her face and leaves me laughing. She should write a book on manipulation.

We have another busy week ahead but hopefully we play as much as we work... That's my kind of life balance.

6 comments:

Liz said...

When I was a kid and asked "why" my dad would always say, "Because there are no fish bones in ice cream." For some reason we thought it was an acceptable answer and always let it go after we got this answer. I think I was like 15 before I figured out that it meant nothing and he was just trying to get us off his back.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Aw,the constant "whys". I know them well.

Hazel is so stinkin' cute, I just want to bite her cheeks. She is going to be a character, just like her big sis.

That picture of Clara on the tree is hilarious.

DeWitts said...

Kids are so much fun. Clara looks so big now that she's a big sister.

angela hardison said...

haha... "because i missed you so much". she is brilliant.

sheri rog said...

what beauties you have!

clara makes the best tree-hugger EVER! what a smartie-pants!

Rachel+Co said...

hazel is a mini-jason in that picture. why is clara so hilarious? she is too smart for her own good.