Monday, January 3, 2011

Week #2

Jason - goes back to work tomorrow. He took today off so he wouldn't have to shave.Anna - feels guilty (but definitely grateful) that people are still bringing dinner because she doesn't feel like she gave birth a week ago... Unless she does more than she should, then at night her body makes her regret it.
Clara - says it's hard that she has to share mom and dad, but said more hugs will make it better. Oh, and she's become totally obsessed with head dressings. Clips, flowers, headbands, a crown, etc. Obsession is the right word, no?
Hazel - sleeps more at night and cries more during the day. No one seems to mind. Do you blame us?

13 comments:

JLynn said...

Hazel is sooooo cute. I wish I was there to get to hold her. :( Aww, it's sad. You look so beautiful Anna. I'm so happy you have a sweet little newborn. She is perfect. I hope you all have a good week.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

awww... she is so precious! I'm glad she is sleeping more at night!

I have some "stuff" for you, but haven't wanted to intrude on the new born ephoria (spelling?) You'll have to tell me when is a good time.

Kami Milliron said...

Hazel is a DOLL ! She is just so beautiful : ) I am glad you liked dinner last night. I'm not the best cook around !

Deb said...

-Loved reading your New Years post.

-Adelaide went through the same head dressing stage. It's fun to see the looks you get when you take them in public looking that way.

-I'm glad things are going good for you. Sometimes I wish instead of bringing meals the first couple of weeks, people would bring them 1-2 months after you have your baby. The first week I'm always feeling that high and adrenalin rush of bringing a new baby home and if feels so good not to be pregnanat anymore. But after a month or two goes by, that's when I'm getting tired and exhausted from all the chores of being an infants mom.

Jen said...

Your Hubby's shirt cracks me up! Scott would get a kick out of that shirt ;)

After having Mack I remember feeling great during the day & totally pushing myself too hard too. Evenings I could barely move.

Love the accessory obsession :)

And Hazel, Oh i can't wait to meet her, she is just as precious as can be :)

I AM JOE PESCI said...

She's just so beautiful! More hugs to you all.

DeWitts said...

What a lucky mommma you are to have two beautiful girls. Clara cracks me up and Hazel is just perfect. love that last pic of her.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

First of all, you certainly don't look like you gave birth a week ago. Or a year ago, for that matter. There is something terribly unfair about that, I think.

That is the greatest picture of Clara. I suspect she and Lily would get along swimmingly if we lived in Mesa.

And Hazel is just precious. One of my favorite parts of having a baby is swaddling. Lily was always so snuggly and warm and sleepy after she was swaddled. Such a sweet picture.

Melanie said...

Keep the dinners coming a.l.a.p! I'm so happy that Jason was able to be home with you... what a blessing! I even noticed in a previous post that Clara had random hair things in... SO cute. And Hazel (did I already say perfect name?!?) is so sweet & pretty. =)

Brenden+Nikki said...

She is SO beautiful! I just can't get over it. Clara is beautiful too, but I am surprised how different they look too. I guess I always think everyone's kids should look identical to each other (which is why I guess I think this little one will look like Collin with pigtails).

You look great Anna. And I'm so glad to hear that you feel great too! :)

angela hardison said...

i miss her. i'll have to come over later this week or this weekend and hold her. also, i'll get you photos soon - let's say by the end of this week. i think a few turned out pretty cute. and she turned out SUPER cute, obviously.

Beka said...

she's soooo adorable anna!!! cant wait to hang out again!!

sheri rog said...

what beauties you have. seriously. i thought it was the cutest thing when i had ellenore, a lady who brought dinner brought livie a present for being a big sister. wasn't that sweet? big sisters tend to feel left out for a while don't they?

liv hasn't been introduced to the head dress thing yet, but I assure you, she's likely to be just as obsessed as clara. us girls sure know how to be excited about our "trends". :)