Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just Call Me Sleepy

Last night was awesome, as in, not really awesome at all. I finally decided to stop working around 1am, got into bed by 1:30am and my sweet Hazel woke up a little after 3:00am. While I was feeding her, Clara woke up in a rage from coughing (that cough has made her terribly irritable and grumpy, I can't imagine why). She was hysterical and didn't want anything to do with Jason. I went into Clara's room around 4am and rubbed more Vicks on her chest and filled her humidifier up. Then I laid with her and sang to her for a while. I got back into my bed just after 5am and Hazel woke up again. She was up off and on until I fed her around 6am and then was up off and on until I got her out of bed around 8am. Thank goodness I didn't have to work all day. Oh wait...

Of course I really don't have much to complain about. Tired and exhausted, yes. Ungrateful, no. After my crazy night and stressful day, you better believe I appreciated my friend that brought dinner (I told her no, but she insisted, so we made a deal), Lily that came and entertained Clara for a bit and Jason that swept the house even more. I still have plenty of work, the laundry needs to be switched and folded and there are dirty dishes in the sink. Oh, and I'm canning chicken with my mom in the morning and haven't washed my jars. But guess what, I'm going to go straight to bed after I'm done feeding this baby. My body, my brain, my kids and my house need me to get sleep. Ahh, sweet slumber, you can't come soon enough.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Your #1 priority is to 1st take care of your kids needs & #2 SLEEP! You can't function if you r not getting enough sleep.
I always struggled with that because I felt like there were so many things I would want to do when the kids were sleeping, but I just had to tell myself that it was for my own good and I would thank myself later.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Sure sounds awesome to me ;)

I saw pictures of Hazel on your sister's blog. She is so beautiful. At least you can console yourself by knowing you won't be sleep deprived forever. I know, I know, it isn't much consolation.

Heather Williams said...

I can't imagine having two to take care of! Espcially a newborn and a sick little lady. Hopefully you'll be getting more sleep real soon.

angela hardison said...

sorry you're a sleepyhead. atleast you have two darling kids :)

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I agree completely with Jen! I hope you get the rest you need soon! I would offer to take Clara for you for a few hours, but all the Smithson girls are sick, and we don't want to share. Once we are feeling better, I'd love to have Clara over to play and maybe you can get some sleep or some Hazel and mommy time.