Saturday, January 22, 2011

Enjoy

The day after my awesome night, I spent some time pondering life. I felt maxed out. I was overwhelmed, stressed and exhausted. I had a 3 week old baby and instead of enjoying her sweetness, I was over committing my time elsewhere. I was not okay with it. I know the time goes by so quickly and I did not want a repeat of that night. I decided that instead of working on something at night until it was done, I would work until a certain time. If I didn't get done, there was tomorrow. And if my client didn't understand, then oh well. After doing that for the last several nights I am happy to say my client has been completely understanding (he always is, I just read into things and am paranoid), I've felt much less stress, I've enjoyed each day much more, I've enjoyed my girls more and I've gotten a little more sleep. Except for one night when I spent a little too much time searching for a smaller, affordable one of these for Clara. Anyway, I really do think life is meant to be enjoyed. Why else would precious babies and darling toddlers exist?

8 comments:

Jamie Wilkinson said...

This post, for some unknown reason, did not show up on google reader. If I hadn't needed your list of meal suggestions, I never would have seen it!

Anyhow...first of all, that jungle gym thing is AMAZING@ Where did you find it?

Yeah for a new picture of Hazel. She is so very beautiful. And Clara always looks adorable. Love her gray sweater.

I always think people are going to freak out if I can't do everything for everyone, but it is only in my mind, so I understand. I can't believe you're getting anything done with a newborn and toddler. The fact that you are actually *working* at all is remarkable.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I'm glad you are able to slow down and enjoy your little one a little more. Hazel is adorable. I just love both of the pictures. They are both so precious.

Marie said...

Good for you. Keep it up. It does go by too fast..

Beka said...

such sweet pics of your cute girls!!! we REALLY need to hang out now- we need to make a weekly/semi-weekly/monthly "us" date:)--not even joking!!!

JLynn said...

your girls are beautiful. I'm glad you are enjoying them. Remember what the one needful thing is! I'm always surprised at how many people have said to me, "I can't believe you nursed Casen for 13 months and had mastitis 3 times!" Nursing Casen and holding him, and loving him was the one needful thing everyday for the 1st year of his life! I soaked up every minute! Loving and nurturing our children is the most needful thing. Your clients will understand like you said!

Rachel+Co said...

i hope you get your routine figured out and start feeling a little more refreshed. remember, you're still recovering and it'll take your body at least 6 weeks to go back to "normal". tell clara me and lucas say "hi".

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

oh good, now I can start stalking you. I don't know why I thought your blog was private. Hopefully I will remember to keep checking in. I have nothing else to do so you better post stuff daily! ;) You are a mad white woman working after having a baby. You are my hero!

Deb said...

where have I been and how did I miss so many posts?

For a second when I brought up your blog I thought, "oh who's cute little baby is she holding?" and then I was like, "Oh yeah, she just had a baby. Duh!"

Anyways I was reading over your past posts and I'm sorry you feel overwhelmed and so tired because of all that is required of you these days. Is it evil of me that I was thinking that I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to have a never ending to do list?