I've managed to fill up my hard drive, again, with pictures. In the process of moving and backing up 40GB of pictures (yeah, and that was mostly just from 2010), I noticed the July 2009 folder is gone. I don't know if it's just hidden somewhere (hopefully) or if I somehow managed to delete it the last time I moved things around. It makes me sick to my stomach. In frantically looking in all the folders of pictures, hoping I've just misplaced it, I found a few little treasures of Clara.
I sure love my little goose. Sometimes I forget about all the fun stages we've been through and how much laughter wouldn't have happened without her. I forget what it was like a year ago, two years ago, etc. It's especially easy to forget when she's talking back to me, scowling at me or stomping her feet because she's not getting her way. But then I look at old pictures and just smile. Good thing I have another one, otherwise I'd have a serious craving for a baby. And just like that, the sickness in my stomach is almost gone. I better go to bed so I don't think about July 2009 anymore...

8 comments:
I love looking back at old pictures although sometimes it makes my heart ache a little that those times are gone and I don't always remember them the greatest.
You guys did lots of fun Christmas activities. I didn't get half the things I planned for our family crossed off the list. Oh well, there's always next year.
I cannot tell you how many times old pictures have saved Douglas' life ; ) I hope you find the pictures !
Love looking back at old home videos the best. It's amazing how that make you feel :)
She is just so precious. I don't think boys could ever be as much fun as little girls. Of course, I may eat those words someday ;)
I feel your pain. My computer crashed shortly before Lily was born and I lost thousands of pictures, including every sing picture of my pregnancy and all my pictures from China and Greece and traveling all over California. I took it to a repair place but they couldn't recover much. I'll admit it. I cried.
I hope you find your pictures.
ps: I got the shoes, as well as three pairs of pants, a dress, an a pair of hot heels, for $21.32 at a thrift store in Gulf Shores.
its crazy how fast kids grow. clara is one pretty girl.
i lost about 5 years of picture files once, when i accidentally deleted them and then couldn't recover them. i believe we will have access to every memory in clear, sharp color in the next life, so don't worry too much. and clara is awesome!
I love the flash back pictures. Clara is adorable. Have you been able to find your missing file?
Post a Comment