At my mom's Clara asked me what "to carve a pumpkin" means so I was glad I had bought one earlier that day to carve. Unfortunately, we didn't get it carved until Monday. Ah well, it's about the experience, not the timeliness, right? I was hoping Jason might be around to help, but with work deadlines, his test and tying up lose ends at our old house, we don't really see him so we just did it on our own. Clara picked the 'C' for what to carve and called it a "C face". And yes she's in a swim suit. It is still in the high 80's, low 90's here, do you blame her?
For our Halloween festivities, we went to the "Neighborhood Halloween Party" that our Ward puts on. Clara LOVED the bouncers. At the end people stand in a circle and hand out candy, which was strange to me, but I liked it because Clara got way less candy than normal. The lighting made the pictures not so cool, but I have proof that Karen came with us and Jason still exists.
Clara didn't really get to choose her costume. Two years ago Kathryn made Clara this tutu and gave her the wings and antennae. We had everything else so I just made Clara excited about being a ladybug.
After the party we went to my mom's and Ryan and Kathryn's to share the over abundance of salsa Karen and I made. You see, they had a salsa contest and Karen and I decided to both compete, against each other. Too bad she won and it was the first time she'd made this particular salsa. Anyway, we both made waaaaay too much so we had to share.On Sunday, Halloween itself, we had to go to our old house to retrieve our leftover garage sale stuff. I decided I really like Halloween on a Sunday. We got to enjoy festivities on Saturday, but didn't spend hours trick-or-treating and getting candy we wish we didn't have. For me, it was the right balance of festivities for the holiday it is.
Now onto Thanksgiving and Christmas... yay!

6 comments:
LOVE the silhouette!!!!!!
I want to do this idea for my whole family.
Look at you being all crafty :)
Wow, I'm popular on this post.
I love the c pumpkin.
that silhoette is soooooooo cute- you cant do it for boys huh?:( all the other crafts were cute too- see you in a couple hours:)
I love your crafty ideas, looks like so much fun. Clara is at the perfect age for having so much fun with crafts. Also, I think Clara's ladybug costume is adorable!
your witch silhouette is awesome. it looks just like clara. that is a great idea! i hope to remember it for next year.
i had my kids convinced that carving pumpkins meant drawing on them with a black sharpie marker. until my mother-in-law showed them the real thing. at least she got to clean up the mess ;-)/
I'm a bad girl. If Halloween falls on a Sunday, I still go. And I was mad that we didn't get much candy this year. I like when my kids get enough candy for me to be able to steal plenty and not have it be noticeable.
Clara looks like the cutest lady bug ever, and I love your crafts.
Post a Comment