Wednesday: Clara went and played at my mom's. I decided to stay and just hung out with my mom. Way more fun than going back home and doing housework or getting important things done like preparing for a baby.
Thursday: I took Clara to Kid's Club at the mall and ran into a friend. It was fun to have company while we watched the performance, ate and rode the carousel. Clara was a little grumpy but got into the last song and kept jumping.
On the way home, I stopped to get paint samples for the baby's room. Then my mom came over and helped me. It worries me to think what my house would look like if it weren't for my mom. We go the pantry all organized, all of the stuff out of the front room that can go out, started washing the baby clothes and fixed this mirror that sat in our old garage for almost six years, new in the box. Then we took down the hideous curtains in the family room. Having organization and the curtains gone made me like my house again.
Friday (my birthday): Jason got me a flat iron for my birthday. I've never had one before because a.) I have really straight hair and b.) I'm afraid of them. I tried to use one once and I put a kink in my hair. Anyway, I used it Friday and was so proud of myself for not kinking my hair. (Don't laugh). The most exciting part is I got my hair to look like I wanted it without blow drying it. I can just let it air dry, then use the flat iron and wall-ah! it looks better than if I had blow dried it.Jason made breakfast and for lunch Clara and I went to Joe's BBQ with my mom. Afterwards we went shopping at DI and said hello to my dad. Unfortunately I spent the rest of the afternoon and into the evening locked in my room working. Fortunately, Jason invited some friends and family over for hamburgers and hot dogs. It was fun to see people and visit. After most everyone had left, things got a little crazy: wall-sit competitions, a never-ending 'don't let the balloon hit the floor' game and over-sized people on under-sized toys. A little too much excitement for a pregnant lady. Thanks for all the birthday wishes; Having someone remember to wish me a happy birthday always makes me happy. So whoever thought of the term 'Happy Birthday' was a genius. :) It was a good day.
Sunday: After Stake Conference we had lunch with Jason's parents and then Clara got a ride in Grandpa's truck. Okay, I went too. I'm sure watching a nearly 8 month pregnant lady climb up into a diesel is a sight.


10 comments:
Anna, I loved this post! Everything sounded way fun.
You should win the wall sitting contest just for being pregnant and trying. I wouldn't have even bothered.
Happy Birthday from me. Glad you had a great day.
And your hair looks really cute. I splurged last mothers day and bought a fancy expensive flat iron and I LOVE IT. One of the best hair investments ever.
Looks like a fun week! Love the hair and I can totally sympathize with the crinked hair from a flat iron!
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
what a busy fun week you had- who is that disgusting looking girl in the green shirt stuffing her face without make up on.....cant believe you are friends with her:)!!
i'm glad you had a bday so we could come visit and see some of our fav people in the world!!! Happy happy bday again- glad you got to snowflake and see your fam:) we need to hang out again!!
Happy Birthday Anna!
Happy Belated Birthday Anna! Glad you had a great day. I can't wait for the baby to arrive, it's getting exciting for you now!
i don't have a flat-iron either... it's kind of a good excuse for my hair looking bad though.
is karens friends name arona? because she looks just like someone i went to hs with...
Looks like you had a great birthday. My mom and sister said they saw you in church on sunday. Next time you're in snowflake you need to give me a call.
Happy belated. And I think your hair looks darling! Look at your mad flat iron skills ;)
the photos of clint cracked me up - glad my husband is always the life of the party.
Post a Comment