We both loved it!
Initial reaction: something isn't right... add my age to Clara's, double that and that was probably the average age of the audience. In fact, other than the family of the girl that played Annie, I'm thinking everyone was a good 30+ years older than me. Now I know what snowbirds do for entertainment.
The food: above average, but next time I go (yes, I would pay to go to another production), I probably wouldn't pay for the food. Maybe if it was $11 more, it'd be worth it, but when they aren't running their 10th anniversary promo, it's $21 more (well, $18 if you go to a matinee) and that's not worth it to me. I'd rather cook my own food or go out to somewhere that I can get better food for less.
The seating: we got near perfect seats. We were in the second row of tables and right in the center. Both Clara and I had excellent, unobstructed views. I think the couple we shared a table with was nervous when they saw a 3 year old walk up to the table, but they had nothing to worry about. Clara was a little peach.
The acting: very, very impressed, especially with the kids. The whole time I was thinking, This is way better than a movie. I think I'd rather do this twice a year than go see a movie once a month. Not that I ever watch movies in the theater, but still. The costumes and sets were great too. I thought it was very well done.
Clara: we don't watch movies often in the theater. I think it's a waste of money and Clara gets bored. Live theater, however, was a totally different story. Clara had the biggest grin on her face when they first lifted the curtain and was glued to the stage the entire time. It was a little hard for her not to talk to me and ask questions, but she loved it. I can't wait to take her back. (As I'm typing this, Clara climbed on a bucket and started singing and dancing and now she's saying, "I'm an orphan. I'm Annie, the best Annie.")

9 comments:
please share the details of how you scored free tickets, I'd love to take Bryn!
Oh I love, love, love Broadway Palm! I agree, it's only for a "very special occasion" type of thing at those prices, but I've always felt it was so worth it! (We happen to love the food, hahaha.) I can't wait to find something my boys would be interested in, and take them to the children's shows.
how cute/fun. i went there once a long time ago, but i don't even remember what it was...
How special and fun for you to be able to do something with just you and Clara before baby sister arrives! And I'm with Bekah, please share the details of this awesome promo!!! Brooklyn would be in heaven!
how fun! and you and clara look darling.
Ah man, I wish I would've gone to Kids' Club last week! Nice score on the free tickets!
We did it two years ago and saw the Emperors New Clothes. It was one of their children ones. I thought it was fun. We might have to do this free thing. Do you have to have the kids card?
I got to go as a chaperon when the kindergarten class at the school I worked at went to the children's theater. We saw Seussical the Musical and it was amazing. I can't wait to take my kiddos (but don't dare anytime soon because of my little ticking time bomb Laynee...)
I went to the childrens theatre showing with Smith and Adelaide once to see the Emporers new clothes and I LOVED IT! They served kid friendly food, like mac'n cheese, hot dogs, spaghetti, hambergers, jello, etc. And I remember being nervous whether the kids would like or not and they did the same thing as Anna. Their eyes werew glued to the show the entire time.
two thumbs way up for me. I'm jealous you got to go.
Post a Comment