For your entertaining delight, I'd like to share some pregnancy comparisons. This one: Less weight gain, way less swelling (much to Clint's disappointment), more heartburn*, similar exhaustion and similar feelings of excitement to have a baby. It seems this pregnancy has lasted about twice as long as the last (and I'm not even within a month of the ETA) and I feel like it's more difficult to do normal things. I think both of these have resulted from my situation being different. It's just as easy to sit at a desk and work while 7 months pregnant as it is not pregnant at all. Entertaining and caring for a 3 year old? Now that becomes a little more difficult when pregnant. As such, getting back to being able to do everything with ease like before makes me feel like I am experiencing the never-ending pregnancy.
The biggest difference I've noticed are the aches in my hips and groin area. My doctor tells me it's because it's round two, not because I'm older. All I know is it makes me wonder when my body will fall apart and how I will ever accomplish anything with #3, #4, etc. if it gets worse with each. Speaking of physical discomfort, I have apparently irritated/upset a ligament underneath my belly which has resulted in knife-stabbing-I-want-to-curl-into-fetal-position-and-cry pain. I'm guessing this resulted from lifting something heavy when we moved. I just hope it doesn't act up again.
Oh, and with this pregnancy, "it" finally happened. I get hot. I see people in hoodies and wonder what their problem is. Normally, I am always cold and when I was pregnant with Clara, that didn't change. If our thermostat was set to 82* and the fan was on, I needed a blanket. However, I feel like I've been sweating for the last few months. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that it's still ridiculously hot here and I live in a green house (that's actually peach, not green) or maybe I finally just got the hot hormone I've heard so much about. If it's above 77*, I sleep in shorts and a t-shirt on top of the sheets. Right now, it's probably 73* in our room and I'm only considering sticking my bare legs under the covers. I am definitely not used to "it" and am glad I'm not pregnant in the summer.
I feel mostly the same size (minus my cheeks and ankles), so I finally took a moment to dig through old pictures to compare and see how looks compare.
Clara and me on 10.14.2006
*I have heartburn constantly. Karen tells me it was the same with Clara; she would know, we traveled a lot together when I was pregnant with Clara. I guess Clara's sweet little face (and my bacon cheeseburger with fries) in the hospital made me forget how bad it really was. Just for fun, I found proof of mine and Karen's travels. This was taken on 10.20.2006 somewhere between Flagstaff and Page, nowhere near a body of water and on the top of a random hill, which is precisely why we felt it necessary to pull over, climb the hill and take pictures of each other in the canoe. We sure had fun on our road trips!

9 comments:
You look great. I'm sorry about heartburn. I had it like crazy with Brewer and it drove me nuts.
I think any pregnancies after the first one should be about 4.5 months long. The excitement with the first pregnancy gets you through it, but after that, you just want it done with.
You look great in all of those pictures! Way to grow a baby!!
You know, all 3 of my pregnancies were the exact same. With the exception of one thing : that " kicked in the crotch feeling " got worse with each one. But basically from about month 6 I was super uncomfortable until I delivered. I always carried my babies really high and they either didn't drop at all or dropped like a day before I was due. So I feel your pain my friend. I had some happy times being pregnant and some " holy crap I hate being pregnant " times. The heartburn started from day one with all 3 of mine. Even water gave me heartburn ! Oh and I was always hot too. Tyler could never understand it.
But one thing is FOR SURE . . you make one darn cute pregnant lady : )
Okay, that picture of you in the canoe made me laugh. Hilarious. I can tell that you are "smaller" (face) in the picture of this pregnancy. However, I think you look beautiful in both pictures. You look good with long hair. I'm to impatient and usually cut my hair before it gets past my shoulders (even when I'm TRYING to grow it out).
I use to tell Travis that I needed ice cream every night to help with the heart burn. I don't know if it helped, but I sure enjoyed it!
That is so neat to be preggo the same time of year. That helps with the clothes and baby clothes being the same size!
do you even realize how excited i am for the new baby? i can hardly handle it. don't you want to let me come watch her be born? :) don't worry, i'm kidding. kind of.
you look cute. really!
all you do...and you do it well!!
You look great! I feel your pain about the heartburn. It is a wonderful feeling right after giving birth--the heart burn is gone instantly!
You look tiny to me in both pictures!! You are one cute pregnant lady.
Post a Comment