*When I say we, my involvement mostly implies watching. I felt extremely helpless moving in this pregnant state of mine. Thankfully, we have good friends and family to make sure everything still got done.
It's probably no surprise that Barbie kept me laughing, smiling and keeping things in perspective all the while. Here's some of her finest over the last week:
Clara tried to interrupt Jason and I in the car so I asked her to wait until our conversation was done. When we finished, I asked her what she needed and she said, "I had to eat my booger because I couldn't wait for you to get a Kleenex." Awesome. We told her it was disgusting, while trying to hide our laughter, and she said, "Well, I will take it out. It's stuck in my tooth... wait, I can't find it." I couldn't decide if I was glad or disgusted she couldn't find it.
After getting a little skin scraped off her arm, C: Where'd my skin go?
Some of Clara's prayers have been really, really heartfelt and LONG in the last few months. In one, she said, "Please bless that our hearts will be full of love."
Wednesday morning I was incredibly stressed with having to do payroll, all the tax returns and still not having the Internet. I was sitting on the floor and Clara came up behind me, wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her cheek up to mine. I told her I was sorry things had been so crazy and that I'd been so stressed and promised after I got home from work that day, things would be better and I wouldn't be so stressed. She looked at me with her sweet little face and asked, "So then I can do bad things and it won't stress you out?"

11 comments:
ok, seriously I just laughed out loud about the booger thing- HILARIOUS!!!!!
So, Kami & I want to come over this week.
I can't remember what days you said you worked.
i thought you said Wed & Fri.
How about if we come over tomorrow (Tues)?
ha ha! i love the booger comment Anna- she's so sweet anna! we really need to get together, i need to MAKE time to come help you unpack or clean house or whatever....if you want help:)
You're alive!! It makes me nervous when I don't get to read a post of yours every three days or so. It's part of my routine and I like your humor.
And oh my gosh I hope my kids are as witty and hilarious as Clara! The booger one cracked me up!
I don't even want to think about moving again. Glad you are all moved in.
I just love Clara!
At least she solved the problem on her own. I love that picture! That hair is awesome.
Gracie would love to get together. We will let things settle down for you first though.
Haha, I love it ! I think the booger one is my favorite. Again, we have the SAME child : )
it was really fun hanging out with her last week. (even if i didn't really help much at your house.)
ha ha. Clara is hilarious. She's a thinker.
I can't wait until you can tell a future boyfriend that story! I wanna hear about the new ward. You need to come to book club or something so I can still hear about your life!
Hilarious! Clara is a funny little girl. She is going to make a fun big sister. :o)
haha! this is really funny stuff.
Post a Comment