Thursday, September 23, 2010

Not Following the Plan

I had a productive day that included unpacking, cleaning, organizing, showering, going to the Dentist, shopping at Costco*, resting, starting a pumpkin craft with Clara and making dinner. I was all prepared to put a very tired Clara to bed early so I could good clean the kitchen, do some more unpacking and blog. Instead, Kathryn reminded me of Ballet Under the Stars and I knew Clara would love to go. It's really hard for me to not follow "the plan" and just forget all the things I need to do. But deep down, I knew there's always tomorrow for Clara to shower and to catch up on sleep and dirty dishes can hang out for a day in the sink, but now is the best time for memories. We stopped and got Lily and then went to Fountain Hills for the event. I tried to go a few years ago and showed up just as it was over. But this year, we enjoyed some ballet under the stars. I enjoyed the performances for about 20 minutes. After that, I was too engaged watching Clara bunny hop down a hill and dance her little heart in the grass. Even incredible ballet performances can't beat that. *Shelf Reliance is the special event right now at the Costco in Mesa on Sossaman. I love their product, but it's SO expensive. However, the prices they are running for this event seem pretty awesome. Sure, cans stack (sometimes) but I realized now that I actually have a real pantry (kind of) that stacking cans makes it hard to rotate. Here's the flyer the sales rep, Kim, gave me.

I want a few of the Pantry Consolidators because a.) they'll fit in my pantry and b.) it's the most bang for your buck. Unfortunately, she doesn't have any of those right now, but will be at another East Valley Costco (either San Tan or Arizona Ave.) in the next month and will take your name and number and call you when she has them. The prices on this flyer seem to be lower than even their own website. If you've been wanting some of these, go see Kim, she'll only be there until Saturday.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I have 2 of these shelf reliances and I love them. You still have to have shelves to stack all the bottles, boxes, & "odd" cans that don't have their own category. It's just nice to be able to go get the rotated can & get out. Then replenish at the top. =) And I think your house is adorable... you're going to do great with it, and love all the space. Congratulations on everything.

angela hardison said...

why wasn't i invited to ballet under the stars :(

I AM JOE PESCI said...

I <3 Clara.

Julie said...

That's so funny. The other day Kim gave me a call and said the same thing about the pantry consolidators. I had left her my number hoping I would be able to get them too!

Rachel+Co said...

ah, anna. sometimes i think i would be so much more productive if i could follow a plan. i guess my life has a lot more fun in it, but a lot less clean, too.

clara is just adorable. i am happy every time you blog about her, since i can't always be around to spend time with you. love ya.

and i'm sending you an email, so go check when you get a chance. =)

Emily Widdison said...

your house looks awesome and I can't wait to see more pictures. Are those orange trees? soo sooooo jealous.

Lindsay said...

Is this Ballet Under the Stars an annual event? Sounds like it's right up Brooklyn's alley! Please let me know when it happens again. :) AND I have 6 of those cansolidator pantry thingies and I love them so much!!! Costco price is like HALF of the real deal!