Today I went to my check up and apparently, I'm right on track to gain as much as I did with Clara. Booo. My doctor isn't the least bit concerned, but it bugs me. I eat healthy, I really do. Just ask Jason, he'd probably contend that we eat too healthy at our house. Whole grains, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, drink lots of (and usually only) water, little meat, etc. I also don't eat much more than I do when I'm not pregnant. But somehow, I still gain lots and lots of weight. Everywhere. Right away my entire body, not just my belly, starts getting bigger. I think the only thing left to explain this is the amount of sugar I eat. I eat lots of sugar. On the way home from the doctor, I was explaining to Clara that I am going to try to eat less sugar. (I've tried this before and it is SO SO SO hard for me... I have little will power if sugar is involved). Of course Clara wanted to know why I was going to eat less sugar so I explained that sugar can make the baby get too big and make me get too fat.
To that Clara said, "But you're already fat!"
For some reason, comments like that are just funny when they come from sweet little faces like this.
With perfect 3 year old tact, she said, "But you are already fatter."
Awesome.
Perhaps that is why my feet look so itty bitty when I look down.
{I'm well on track to eat less sugar... I ate three Oreos while typing this post... Yay for me.}

13 comments:
What an adorable already fatter belly!
That' sis too funny:)
I would have never guessed you gained a ton of weight with pregnancy, but i think you are looking great & a little less sugar couldn't hurt. I'll let you try and stick to that one, & I'll eat the rest of your Oreo's :)
Why diet when your prego? Life's too short! :)
I'm totally with Julie.
Dude, I remember you when you were preggers with Clara and you were so not fat. I had just had Jonathan and I was a big fat beast. You were a beautiful perfect preggo person.
You couldn't get fat if you tried.
But, if you are getting rid of your sugary products, you don't have to go very far to find someone who would appreciate all that junk.
OR maybe you need to eat less wheat ;) just kidding.
i'm still thinking about that toffee you gave me. if you have any more you need to get rid of...
^that was me. obviously.
also, i don't feel bad for you. now you know what it feels like to be "normal" sized and not stick skinny all the time. also i will probably be ginormous when i'm pregnant so i realllly don't feel bad for you.
but i do love you :)
Dear Anna, come see my 9mo about to burst pregnant belly... it makes people stop and stare:) I can put any belly to shame.
Anna you are fat (that's for telling me I was fat when I was pregnant). ;) j/k You are suppose to gain weight when you are pregnant. Probably around 30 lbs would be good for you. Dalon used to tell me when I was pregnant with Payton that I was fat too. He reminded me for months after she was born that I was still fat too. Too bad it's not enough to motivate me to lose it though. :)
Wow if that's a fat pregnant woman in those pictures please don't show Claira any pictures of my Luke belly! haha! Kids are hillarious. I dread/look forward to the time Luke will say things like that!
hahaha! clara is so funny. that is a classic.
as you know, the only thing that kept me from throwing up when i was pregnant was eating, so i did it non-stop, except when i was puking.
good times!
you're still young, and any extra weight you gain will melt away soon afterwards anyway. as long as you are staying active and eating right then your body will perform the miracles it's supposed to and fulfill the measure of its creation. just marvel in it. you are a supernatural power. a shape shifter. it's an amazing thing.
OH MY HECK, you are so cute Anna. And this just confirms that Douglas and Clara are literally the same child ; ) Douglas told me that when I was pregnant. I think the combination of my " mean face " and yelling at him made it so he would never say it ever again : )
You look adorable, but I understand the whole weight goal thing. I gained 70 ( yes, 70 ) with Douglas and then kicked it into gear with my other two. I only gaied 30 - 35 with each of them. But still, the point is . . I hate gaining weight.
anna- you look great! haha- did you see my with my 2nd pregnancy? i was almost as big with my twins & i think bigger in the love handle area:)- i think its just the 2nd preg. curse---:)but dont worry- you look now, like i do when i find out i'm prego! we need to hang out!!!
You gain weight because you are so darn skinny so your body HAS to compensate. You look great, so try not to worry! (I know it's hard not too.) Oh and the feeling like a truck hit you thing for 4 months - that's more likely because of no sleep and not because of weight. :)
hahaha, i love clara. and hurray for nursing - you'll lose everything anyway.
Post a Comment