This week I hope to post the pictures that have stories/thoughts attached.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Hello, Vacation
Our Melzer family reunion was at Hawley Lake. We booked the same cabin we stayed in two years ago, but Kathryn found out the week prior to departure that they had double-booked the cabin. Awesome. We ended up getting two cabins next to each other and it wasn't so bad (although I didn't have to haul my stuff back and forth between cabins like those that stayed in the small one, so maybe we should ask them). This cabin definitely had more living area and more couches, which made our late night chats comfy. Those five days define a true vacation in my eyes. Relaxation, no schedule to adhere to, family all around, beautiful weather and just plain enjoyment. One myth I continue to forget is a vacation like this will mean lots of time with Clara. She played so much with her cousins that I spent far less time with her than I do during a normal five days at home. At least I know she had a good time. It rained every day we were there. Thunder, lightning and rain in the mountains is one of my favorite combinations. Here are some of my favorite pictures. 
Matchy-matchy
This week I hope to post the pictures that have stories/thoughts attached.
This week I hope to post the pictures that have stories/thoughts attached.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Thunderstorms are also my favorite when your in the mountains. I love family reunions. Your looked wonderful!
so fun! ah, i miss your family. glad you had a fun time even though the cabin wasn't ideal.
thought it was funny you said you're looking forward to the day when you can teach clara not to force that smile for every picture... adalyn has one too.
Good to see you at the swim party. You guys are convincing me that we need to get to Hawley Lake. And is it coincidence that there is so much greenish yellow in those photos?
We didn't get to go camping this year so this post made me REAAAALLLY jealous.
PS I love Clara's smile in all these pictures. It's a good thing you are having another girl b/c you make cute girls! :)
it was lovely. finally went through my photos - but they don't do it justice at all.
(also, i don't look very good in those photos... maybe that's how i look in real life though. boohoo.)
First: Congratulations! I am so excited for you to have another cute daughter! It will be so fun to watch her wit interaction.
Second: Loved the pictures of your vacation. I think other than my family, I miss the mountains the most.
Third: Amen to the Santa Claus/Easter Bunny thing. I think the people that don't let their kids believe in them are the people who couldn't handle it when they found out the "truth". I still "believe". And then not to mention the families who go way over board on their gifts. What child needs that many toys?
When are you going to look pregnant? Just wondering.
Man am I jealous. What a fun time. And I love the, "if you don't learn to read, you are going to die." Ha ha that cracks me up. I always tell my kids, "readers are leaders" but I should tell them that one instead. Too funny.
And I love Clara's forced smile. Classic.
How fun. I love vacations with family.
Post a Comment