Now that I'm feeling better and work schedules have returned to normal, life seems much more manageable. Also during my "sick" time, I found out that adequate sleep and not having to wake up and rush out the door (like I did every morning I was pregnant with Clara) really helped with my nausea. I could lay around if I didn't feel good and since Friday is usually the only day I go in early, I'd make sure to get to bed early Thursday night. Of course during my busy spell at work, this wasn't possible, but when it was, I noticed a difference. Up until a few weeks ago, it was really easy to hide my stomach. Now I think it's getting revenge for me squeezing it into skirts and jeans for so long because I can't button hardly anything. Gaining weight makes me feel claustrophobic and I think trying to wear my normal clothes is making it worse. Don't judge if I'm wearing the same shorts every time you see me, I've got a limited wardrobe right now. I'm convinced I gain weight easier when I'm pregnant than most people. I eat pretty healthy, don't eat a whole lot more than normal and somehow I gain weight way faster than I am supposed to. Maybe by baby #3 I'll figure out how to gain weight normally like other pregnant people (see, I already forgot that I felt like dying not too long ago). And now I'm done complaining. Until my feet swell up like elephant feet and I can't get up off the couch.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
4 Months of Complaining
Aren't you glad I waited four months to announce this pregnancy? Now instead of complaining to you during that time, you get it all now so you only have to read it once. I know, I'm so nice. I got asked, as pregnant women do, if I was sick more than anything else. I hesitantly responded because I wasn't exactly sure what was meant with the word "sick". Was I throwing up? No. (Well, I did throw up for the first time a few weeks ago and in my second trimester. Who does that?) But I certainly felt a little like dying and a little like I never wanted to be pregnant ever again for three and a half months. However, it wasn't just being pregnant. For those three plus months, I was totally exhausted and felt disgusting. To complicate the situation, I was working about twice as much as normal trying to meet a deadline and Jason was working so much we would see him Sunday night and then wouldn't see him until Thursday night or Friday morning. So on top of feeling sick, exhausted, being at work more than normal and then up late at night more frequently than usual, I also felt like a single mom. All of the budgeting, bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, parenting, etc., etc., became my responsibility. I didn't know how much longer I could hold up with that type of schedule. But I lived. Obviously.
Now that I'm feeling better and work schedules have returned to normal, life seems much more manageable. Also during my "sick" time, I found out that adequate sleep and not having to wake up and rush out the door (like I did every morning I was pregnant with Clara) really helped with my nausea. I could lay around if I didn't feel good and since Friday is usually the only day I go in early, I'd make sure to get to bed early Thursday night. Of course during my busy spell at work, this wasn't possible, but when it was, I noticed a difference. Up until a few weeks ago, it was really easy to hide my stomach. Now I think it's getting revenge for me squeezing it into skirts and jeans for so long because I can't button hardly anything. Gaining weight makes me feel claustrophobic and I think trying to wear my normal clothes is making it worse. Don't judge if I'm wearing the same shorts every time you see me, I've got a limited wardrobe right now. I'm convinced I gain weight easier when I'm pregnant than most people. I eat pretty healthy, don't eat a whole lot more than normal and somehow I gain weight way faster than I am supposed to. Maybe by baby #3 I'll figure out how to gain weight normally like other pregnant people (see, I already forgot that I felt like dying not too long ago). And now I'm done complaining. Until my feet swell up like elephant feet and I can't get up off the couch.
Now that I'm feeling better and work schedules have returned to normal, life seems much more manageable. Also during my "sick" time, I found out that adequate sleep and not having to wake up and rush out the door (like I did every morning I was pregnant with Clara) really helped with my nausea. I could lay around if I didn't feel good and since Friday is usually the only day I go in early, I'd make sure to get to bed early Thursday night. Of course during my busy spell at work, this wasn't possible, but when it was, I noticed a difference. Up until a few weeks ago, it was really easy to hide my stomach. Now I think it's getting revenge for me squeezing it into skirts and jeans for so long because I can't button hardly anything. Gaining weight makes me feel claustrophobic and I think trying to wear my normal clothes is making it worse. Don't judge if I'm wearing the same shorts every time you see me, I've got a limited wardrobe right now. I'm convinced I gain weight easier when I'm pregnant than most people. I eat pretty healthy, don't eat a whole lot more than normal and somehow I gain weight way faster than I am supposed to. Maybe by baby #3 I'll figure out how to gain weight normally like other pregnant people (see, I already forgot that I felt like dying not too long ago). And now I'm done complaining. Until my feet swell up like elephant feet and I can't get up off the couch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
You go ahead and complain. The first three months of being pregnant suck! (excuse my language) I don't know how you did all of that extra stuff during that time. I can't function when I feel that awful and my entire house goes to pot for a few months. Any time I get sick and I'm NOT pregnant I think "oh man, I'm never getting pregnant again, I can't handle this feeling every day for three months straight." But then eventually that wanting a baby rules out worrying about being sick. I guess a beautiful new little baby is worth it all.
Anyway I'm glad you're feeling better now.
Ditto Deb.
But, awwwww! on that picture!
Congrats! That is exciting! Complain all you want... you have every right!:) Good luck!
Congrats Anna! i'm really excited for you and your family! This is awesome!
Feeling sick is the worse part of pregnancy for me. And boy did I feel it with Noelle. Hopefully it will get better for you soon.
I love the picture. I'm jealous. I don't know if it's because I'm so short, but I get big (I mean huge) FAST! so your 4 month picture is like my 10 week picture. *sigh* When are you due?
Awww look at that belly :) LOVE IT!
Hang in there :)
i love your cute little belly. you have the right to complain all you want. i'm so excited for you.
cute little tummy:)!!! i keep forgetting you are prego b/c we never talk anymore!! we really need to get together so i can pat your belly:)--ha ha- glad you are doing better, my sis Sharon said she felt sicker in her 2nd trimester than 1st---weird! lemme know if i can watch clara during dr appts!!!
Aw, I LOVE the belly picture. You are so ADORABLE ! I couldn't be happier for you having another baby. And you can complain as much as you want my friend - being pregnant isn't a piece of cake. I remember throwing up several times morning, noon and night while pregnant with Douglas. Then when I was pregnant with Elizabeth . . well, lets just say I blew blood vessels in my face every single day. Yuck. Not fun at all. Mix that with all the complications and bad news and you have a terrible 8 months. But then Josh was a breeze and is a dream - come - true type of baby.
You are doing great. Keep your chin up and remember how precious these little ones are. That will help with the busy, hectic times.
I seriously LOVE your baby bump : )
that is one cute tummy, growing what i'm sure will be one very cute baby. i'm so excited for her :)
Hey you i miss seeing ya!!! Your picture is so cute...Mabye you will have her on Gracies bday!!! Dec 14th!!! Good luck with everything...come see us soon!
yeah... being pregnant always seems so much more glamorous when you're NOT pregnant...
look at that!
Post a Comment