Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Picture Rewind: Seattle

Pictures that didn't make it into my previous post...

Neat buildings and features around town. I didn't realize Seattle had steep streets like San Francisco. My picture a few below doesn't give the slope justice, but hopefully this garage-like door does. You can see where a level door would sit compared to the road I was standing on.
Clara wore her swim suit, I mean super suit, every day. There wasn't a pool in our hotel.
One thing that really fascinated me was the ground. Most of the sidewalks and walkways were made of material other than concrete and there was a big diversity from street to street. If it was concrete, it was usually stamped concrete. My favorite was the old school red brick by The Market.
Attempting to capture the steepness of the streets leading to the water
These are for Angela. One of her complaints about Mesa is there is a Bed Bath and Beyond and Walgreen's on every corner. I found one (don't tell her it was just one) of each on corners in Seattle.
The original Starbucks logo.
Even their manholes are "cool".
And another sign that totally reminded me of Angela...
For Rachel... Just in case you wanted to know what Bella sees when Edward runs fast (sorry, I couldn't resist including this one).
The Market
Our view was much better when observed in undies.
My last look at the pretty tree-lined streets.

5 comments:

angela hardison said...

i really liked this post (i think some of these pics are things i would capture if i went - streets, weird details, etc.). also, you didn't trick me with the bed bath & beyond photo; i still know seattle is "cooler" than mesa.

the bella/edward picture cracked me up. too bad you aren't coming with me tomorrow night to see it.

Rachel+Co said...

thanks for that.

Deb said...

Now I know why Ian wants to settle down in Seattle one day. That place looks pretty cool.

Bekah: said...

Looks like such an amazing trip. I loved Seattle. Our favorite was the otters at the aquarium. Bryn still talks about them.

We have a job offer there but cannot seem to stomach the cost of living or the home prices...ehhh. We'd be poor but living somewhere lovely.... (?)

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I've always wanted to go to Seattle... now I want to go even more. I love your pictures