{And another blog post with all the details you probably don't care about, but lots of pictures which you may. I was just hoping to at least start unpacking before spending a few hours composing the day-by-day of our trip. 'Cause I'm responsible like that...}
Monday, June 14, 2010
If I Were A City...
I wouldn't be Seattle. I am more of a Phoenix: N/S gridlines, simple, practical and consistent construction, warm and sunny and mostly business. I don't mind if sidewalks are concrete, it's practical and it looks tidy. Rachel and Angela? They are Seattles: gridlines, but not on N/S coordinates, with a few random streets that don't follow the rest of the layout, some form of art everywhere you look, buildings that are beautiful but obviously more involved than stucco and probably not practical, pavers/brick/stamped concrete/anything but plain concrete sidewalks, free spirits, lots of grey and plenty of places to experience other's creativity. Having said this, however, it doesn't mean I enjoyed our vacation to Seattle any less. We lucked out with practically perfect weather and I already have plans for my next visit. For there will be a next. 
{And another blog post with all the details you probably don't care about, but lots of pictures which you may. I was just hoping to at least start unpacking before spending a few hours composing the day-by-day of our trip. 'Cause I'm responsible like that...}
{And another blog post with all the details you probably don't care about, but lots of pictures which you may. I was just hoping to at least start unpacking before spending a few hours composing the day-by-day of our trip. 'Cause I'm responsible like that...}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
I LOVE SEATTLE ! Tyler served his Mission in Tacoma, Washington. We went on our Honeymoon to Seattle and then took the fairy ( haha, is that the right spelling ! ) over to Victoria. If you didn't do that, I TOTALLY RECOMMEND that you do it on your next visit. Victoria is seriously like PARADISE. No joke - I would live there in a heartbeat. Amazing !
I am SUPER excited for Bunco ! Do you need any help with anything ?
What a pretty picture. Family trips are awesome!
I loved Seattle the short time I visited and hate Phoenix.
Can't wait to see more pictures!
Yay I can't wait to hear all about it!
Can't wait to hear more about your vacation! I'd love to visit Seattle some day...
I have never been to Seattle, but after the movie "Sleepless in Seattle", I have always wanted to go there. I love that picture!
I'll be there in about a week and a half! Sorry I never got to recommend anything before you left. I thought of it last Wednesday afternoon, and figured you were already there. Glad you had a fun trip. And I think you summed up Seattle pretty well. :-)
Was that picture taken from Gas Works Park? Or a ferry? My first thought was Gas Works park. Saturday, June 26th, I will be running 13.1 miles through the streets in Seattle.
I can hardly wait to see pictures of your trip and hear all about it.
I like Seattle, I have family up there and have visited a handful of times, but I am thankful I don't live there. It is so gorgeous though!
Why thank you. I'll take that as a compliment. Hope you had tons of fun. Call me when you get a free minute. I'd love to chat it up with you.
And randomly, today I was driving around thinking how clean and precise and orderly the phoenix/metro area is and how much i like it. So I do have that part of me too. I feel more like a dual personality. =)
I'm glad you got to go, but I'm so jealous. I was hoping to make it up there this summer but it's just not gonna happen.
what? are you serious? You gave up $850 in US Airways vouchers? You must not have known that they are the cheapest flight between Denver and Phoenix, right?! You could have made two round trips to Denver with that much! Also, here it's fun to drive to the top of mountains...we have the highest paved road in America and you can drive from one 14k' peak to another.
--Curt
ha ha- im really proud of you too & amazed!!:) i dont remember it all, i write it down in a planner- like a journal without all my feelings cuz i'm not good at that:)- so when i get around to it i can record it somewhere- not that hard, just the end of each day OR week- when the boys say funny things i have a sep. pad of paper for their comments & when i get a bunch of good ones i like to record them:)
Post a Comment