Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weekly Goals

In order to enjoy this week more than the last, I decided to set a few goals.
1. Do the dishes more than once (so Jason doesn't spend 2 hours Sunday night doing days of accumulated dishes).
2. Work less than 30 hours a week. I would say less than 20, but considering I have logged 13.75 already, 20 would be pushing it.
3. Go on a field trip with Clara. I don't know where and I don't know when, but we're gonna go have fun. She did tell me today she wants to go to a butterfly farm while reading Fancy Nancy. Anyone know where the nearest butterfly farm is?
4. Put the laundry away that I folded on Saturday. At least this batch got folded.
5. Vacuum.
6. Enjoy the outdoors. That always refreshes me and Clara loves being outside.
7. Spend more quality time with Clara so I don't get annoyed with her when she has to beg for my attention.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Such good goals.
My laundry is still piled up (NOT FOLDED) since Saturday so you have already beat me there.

Lisa said...

I heard they have a butterfly exhibit at the desert botanical gardens. I haven't been there but heard it is fun!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

great goals. Going outside refreshes me too, but I seem to forget that sometimes. I have to keep reminding myself to get out.

iheartmesa said...

Darn you just missed the exhibit - it ended May 9th.

http://iheartmesa.blogspot.com/2010/03/butterfly-pavilion-at-desert-botanical.html

Deb said...

If you can squeeze in a quick trip to OK there is a butterfly farm at the zoo here. I'm thinking that might be a stretch though. BTW we love the Fancy Nancy butterfly book too. So much we even have the puzzle. Hey we got it at Target, maybe you can put that together, together instead. It's 100 peices.

And I have to say. I hate that neglegecting dishes for a day or two means I end up spending half a day in the kitchen catching up. Dishes are the worst. Good luck with that one.

angela hardison said...

i should probably make some goals for the week (like cleaning my house) but i'm too tired and lazy when i get home from work. too bad i can't work less huh.

Unknown said...

looks like a good list of goals.

wouldn't you know it? the hogle zoo here in salt lake city has a butterfly exhibit should you feel inclined to take a trip to see me.

and, every am don asks me what my plans are for the day when he wakes me up. today my goal was: make the bed. which i did. i like to keep my expectations low. very low.

sheri rog said...

love them all...especially #7.

ps i've missed reading yours (& everyone else's blogs...i'm back to it now, though)

Emily Widdison said...

Good luck on your goals--all good ones.

my goal list always has the same theme every week...I don't ever seem to be able to check them off...

Don't yell at the kids
Don't scream at the kids
Have more patience with the kids

ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Alena Jo said...

Those sound like great goals for a week. Yeah, actually those are often times the same goals I have in a week. I guess the common things of motherhood really are more common, among most moms, than we think they are. ;-) Thanks for making me feel normal for today! (And I love that picture of Clara!)