Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Laughing-Induced Sobs

Last night, I was sitting in bed working.

Jason was working on his computer.

I looked up and immediately started laughing before I asked him what my brain had already wondered.

I could barely speak because I was laughing so hard.

All the while Jason could not understand what was so funny.

Through laughter and tears, I asked if he'd tried to trim his hair.

Obviously he had (see below) and obviously he hadn't seen the results.

I was laughing so hard, I could barely hold my phone still enough to take the picture.

I had to sit on the floor for a few minutes until I was able to regain my composure.

Maybe it was late and I was running on little sleep.

But I'm thinking it was knowing that my poor husband didn't realize his attempted trim looked like the result of a two-year old's hair butchering.

At least I noticed it the day he committed the hilarious crime and thank goodness he wears collared shirts to work.

Before he came to bed, I heard him get the clippers out. I was exhausted and half-way asleep. But, I crawled out of bed, cause that's a sacrifice I was willing to make. I would've done a lot more than that too, to avoid my honey going to work another day with this trim.

I made sure Jason didn't mind that I posted this picture, so don't worry, this is husband-approved mockery.

13 comments:

Liz said...

Peter attempts his own neck clean ups too, but I always have to end up getting involved. Hehe.

Kami Milliron said...

That is SO funny ! It totally does look like what Douglas ( or Clara ! ) would have done to their hair. Poor guy ! But what a nice wife you were to help him. I cut the back of Tyler's hair all the time - for this same reason. But he won't let me touch the front. He thinks I don't know how to cut it right. Lame !

Tiffany Haynes said...

hahahaha! That is truly hilarious. Thank you for sharing!

Emily Widdison said...

I love it! I always have to check Kyle's hair cuts over...he does them himself in the kitchen with a mirror and does a pretty good job...but if he didn't have me:) He would be going to work like that too:)

DeWitts said...

thats so funny.

Deb said...

That is too funny.

Jen said...

I have a similar story.
I was out of town and Scott buzzed his own head.
When he picked me up at the airport he looked like a cancer patient. his hair was all different lengths & he looked hilarious. and even better he had gone to church that day. I wish i would have taken pictures 7 posted about that :)

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

my bad, my comment posted 3 times :)

mommy said...

LOL

Mike and Kari said...

I also have to shave Mike's neck for him. Disasterous attempts have been made by himself, and they all end up just about like this. Although I have notoriously cut into his hair accidentaly with the guard off of the clippers once or twice leaving a big ol' landing strip, so I'm no professional either :)

Tiffany said...

Aww, bless him for trying! =) And you, for fixing him up! That's what good wives and girlfriends are for.

P.S. Hi, I'm Tiffany and I found your blog via Camille's Archives of Our Lives.