I loved today.
I live a charmed life.
... Woke up when Clara climbed into bed with me and said, "Mom, I love you" while holding my face between her two little hands (she puts an accent on love and it's darling).
... Friend over to "can" 40 pounds of chicken. Never got canned. Chicken was a little nasty and we only saved about 1/2 - 2/3 of it. So this doesn't sound charming, BUT! I was glad that the experience and the cost was shared and that I had good company through it all.
... Felt like I accomplished a lot that didn't have anything to do with work. Did a favor for a friend, made an appointment for Clara, canceled our cable, made my bed, did the dishes 45 times (almost), read books with Clara, made cookies, gave Clara a haircut (best one yet), played hide-n-seek and other random games with Clara.
... Enjoyed dinner at a friend's house (not having to cook is spectacular).
... Squeezed 22 quarts of OJ. It's times like this that I'm grateful R&K like to share.
... The Honey helped me squeeze the OJ. Every last little, orange orange. All the while he amused me by saying things he knew would impress me. Such as, "We're using the FIFO method" as he would slide the previously cut oranges to the front of the counter so he could place the recently cut oranges behind.
Now if only I didn't have to wake up in five hours...
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I LOVE fresh squeezed oj- Seriously nothing better:)
reading this reminded me of when it was just cooper and me. i loved that time.
the FIFO method made me laugh out loud. tell jason to share some of his wisdom so aaron can impress me, too.
Post a Comment