Monday, March 29, 2010

Cute or Gray

Jason's brother got married Saturday. The colors were black, white and silver. I really wanted our family to wear just those colors. True to my typical character, I waited to do anything about this until Saturday, just a few hours before we had to leave. I had some gray material I thought I could sew a quick skirt out of (you know, since I have sewn so much in my life, why wouldn't I be able to?). When I went to get the skirt, I found a dress from the same material I had started sewing for Clara a year ago. Instead of starting from scratch, I decided to finish the dress up. It took less than an hour and I still haven't decided if I like it. Clara woke up from her nap just as I was finishing it up. She asked me what I was sewing and I told her it was a dress for her to wear and that she was going to look so cute. She looked at it and without hesitation said, "No, I'm not. I'm just going to look so gray."
Is it possible for a 3-year old to look frumpy? Homey? Is it really cute or is Clara just really cute? 'Cause she is cute... even on one of the grumpiest days of her life.

19 comments:

angela hardison said...

it's cute. and she's cute. does she still want to come visit me? i'm just sitting here going crazy... :)

Kami Milliron said...

Oh my gosh, I love it ! You did a great job. It is really, really cute. You are very talented : ) I have been kicking myself for the past few months that I never learned to sew.

Clara cracks me up, I swear she and Douglas are like the same kid ! Maybe you and I are like secretly related somehow. You know, I was adopted ; )

Brenden+Nikki said...

She's super cute and so is the dress! I love it!

And she is such a little character. Hee hee cracks me up everytime!

Amy from Our Dish said...

That is REALLY stinking cute! Nice work!!!

DeWitts said...

Cute dress and a cute girl.d

Melanie said...

I actually love it! Especially knowing that it matches the wedding. If she's too bored with it after the wedding, you can add splashes of colors. =) She's way cute.

Marie said...

I think it is cute. Clara is a funny girl. Gray! Haha

Heather Williams said...

Both are very cute!

kate said...

i like it. alot.

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

So cute! I love it. You would have fooled me into thinking you are a sewing pro. i got a machine for Christmas and it has yet to be removed from the box...

Lisa said...

I think it is really darling.... also she could join my boys when the Raiders play too! LOL

Beka said...

good job anna! i think it turned out super cute! she's too funny!sorry we had to cancel tonight, hope to see you guys soon!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Both are totally cute!

Julie said...

I think its really cute. As much as I love girly stuff, every day can't be pink and purple! Sometimes a break from it is good and I think it looks classy.

Tiffany Haynes said...

It's very cute! And so is she!

Emily Widdison said...

soooooooo cute! Does it come in my size??

Donna said...

Cute, definitely cute. Did you seriously put that together at the last minute? Cuz that officially makes you even more amazing.

Lindsay said...

It's awesome... I love it..

Jen said...

When you 1st posted blogger wasn't letting me look at the pic, & i was so anxious t see it.



It's freaking adorable- not too gray at all.