Sunday, March 28, 2010

Caml Rides Make Life Better

I know how to spell camel, but the way Clara says it, it's spelled caml. Friday was a fantastic day. Jason and I both had the day off. The week before, I told Clara if she was happy all week, she could ride the camel at the Zoo. She wanted to ride all by herself and had a lot of fun doing it. She got off and said, "That camel goes fast." Hmmm. The rest of our zoo visit was a bit rough on her. She slipped and fell on her knee and then tripped and fell, rocking forward like a rocking horse. The climax of her second fall was scraping her nose on the asphalt. She was rather grumpy from lack of sleep even before her two little accidents, but, she enjoyed her camel ride and that's all that matters.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Yikes, if the camel was fast then I wonder what she would think of a horse ride!

JLynn said...

Aww, Clara looks so cute with pigtails. I want to ride a caml. That looks so fun.... I might get a little scared though... kinda bumpy.... don't want to fall and they stink. hahaha. ohh, it would be fun though! LOL

that's why I love kids though, they teach me to not be afraid of things I might be... like heights on a camel??

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Look at her up there! I love it.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I'm glad she got her caml ride. That's awesome. I'm also glad you guys got a family day after that long week

Marie said...

That is high up! She is a brave one. It is so nice out we have to enjoy the outdoors before the heat sets in.

Lisa said...

Clara looks so cute in those pink sunglasses! Sounds like you all had a great day together. I got your message by the way, we are looking forward to seeing all of you. ;-)

Tiffany Haynes said...

Oh, she's too cute! We love the zoo!

Beka said...

she's tiny on that giant caml:) so cute! one day we might get to take a family trip to the zoo:)

Brenden+Nikki said...

hee hee that's awesome. Especially your hmmm...after Clara's exclamation that the Camel was a fast one. ha ha. And I read your last post and laughed about the site visit pic. Brenden just went on a site visit too with our camera. Gotta love engineer's random pictures of walls, hills, electric boxes and whatever else they take pictures of on site visits. I'm so glad I can relate to someone :).

Jen said...

What a lucky little girl:)