Sunday, January 10, 2010

'twas the week after Christmas...

Rachel and her family drove to Arizona on Christmas day. They stayed here until the 2nd and I quite enjoyed the non-stop party. We spent very little time at our house and Clara loved all the cousin time. For the last week, every time we go to my parent's, she asks if Rachel and her kids are going to be there. Among shopping, visiting, relaxing and enjoying the company, we had lots of fun.

{Hiking. I used to think getting a picture of all kids looking was good. Now, I enjoy "real" pictures more. Lucas covering his ears, Elsa raising her hands, Clara and Lucy examining the glasses.} {I am certain Emma considered Clara a life-size doll. She loved playing with her and holding her hand everywhere we went.}
{Dinner, FHE and donuts at R&K's.}
{The train park (and didn't wait in line for three hours like last time).}
{What a cattle car should be used for...}
{Dinner at Cafe Boa (more on that restaurant later). Afterwards I suggested we find a cool place for a picture. The guys recommended the electrical boxes in the parking garage.}
{Visit to Pop the Soda Shop, a cute little soda shop in Scottsdale (South Scottsdale, quite different from North).}
{Had a rad New Year's Eve party at R&K's, complete with 'wine' and cheese.}
{Dear Henry Weinhard, Martinelli and Trader Joe, Thank you for providing us with some Mormon-approved bubbly.}
{Hmmm}
{Who doesn't love balloons?}
{Lucas is one of the four Melzer grandchildren birthed in 2006. He's also the only boy. No wonder he felt left out and wanted to participate in the dressing up.}
{Playing Scrabble Slam. Haven't played? You should try it. It involves more brains than luck unlike other games, so that made it fun.}
{Why Clara goes to bed at 8pm.}
{Ate at Pita Jungle. Clara got to go. And was as much of a turkey there as in this picture I took just before we left. But I do love that you can see both her dimples in this picture, turkey or not.}
{Saturday we went to say goodbye. Micah put a little couch on the plasma car and took Clara and Lady for a ride.}
It was a good week. Actually, it was a great week. I did decide that the only reason I wouldn't want Rachel to move here is because I would get just about nothing done. Dishes, laundry, work, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, you name it. It was all on hold that whole week. Which was, don't get me wrong, very nice. It's just dealing with the aftermath that isn't so nice. You know, going back to reality.

9 comments:

DeWitts said...

i know exactly what you mean about letting your house go when you family in town. it makes life fun. glad you had a fun time with your sister rachel she's just as beautiful as i remember her when i was little.

Rachel said...

I love Cafe Boa. I went there all the time in college but it's been a while. Is it still delish?

Rachel+Co said...

yes, that reality is a stinky business. i think this week i will feel more on top of things than last. **here's to hoping anyway**

mommy said...

So jealous.

But glad you had fun.

Jen said...

You just crack me up, Loved the post! I can't even remember all of the comments I was going to write.
I think the Scottsdale South & North comparison is throwing me off:)

Oh, but I did like all that Mormon Bubbly:)

Melanie said...

Makes me want to have been there... or hey, at my own parents', but no - stuck in Utah. =) I love that all y'all take so many pictures, too, because I used to do that, and now I've slowed down. I need to pick up my sorry self and keep the camera more handy.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

it looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I love weeks like that. and HATE the following week of double duty on the chores. I'm currently trying to play catch up with my house too. :o(

Rachel said...

How fun! Isn't strange that the week after Christmas is almost as busy as the week of Christmas? Where is that cute Soda shop? Corey works in South Scottsdale and that could be a fun place to go.
PS
I used to ride in that same cattle cart when I was little and it freaks me out now!

Brenden+Nikki said...

Hey Anna - do you think I don't show up in your reader because I changed my font? I don't use one provided by blogger, but I use a font that is pretty universal on everyone's computer. Maybe that's it!? I don't know....