On top of that, I got to spend over 4 hours visiting with my dad in the car. Jason couldn't go and my dad couldn't leave early with my mom or go to California with her afterwards, so my dad and I drove together. Anyone that knows my dad knows he works about 18 hours a day and sleeps about 6, if he's lucky. So I'm not sure who else in my family can say they've spent that much time with my dad in a day, let alone one-on-one time with him, in a long time. Lucky me, 'cause my dad is pretty cool. We talked about politics, parenting, the IRS, work, addiction, Uncle Bob and Aunt Zelia, my grandmas and of course we laughed at Clara. She sang to herself and read books out loud for a long time and my dad told her he could listen to her for the entire three hours and it wouldn't get old. I'd have to agree.
My dad was worried they wouldn't have good food. I asked him if he's ever been at a Suzy party and didn't have good food. Doesn't exist. Not everyone gets the roach coach at their reception. Mmm, Yuma has some of the best Mexican food ever.
The weather and setting was perfect. Not that men need a perfect environment to sit around and talk. Or stare at each other.

10 comments:
Gorgeous! Just look at that sunset:)
What a lovely night. And why can't men appreciate a good sunset and beautiful decorations/ surroundings quite like us women do?
the roach coach? explain.
mmmm mexican food sounds yummy.
wish i could have joined you.
THE TACO TRUCK AT A WEDDING RECEPTION? Of course. I'm so stupid for not thinking of it for my wedding.
Travis is jealous we didn't do the roach coach at our wedding! That is nice to spend quality time with your Dad. Lucky girl
I love Clara's smiles. :) That's all. ha ha.
I think magical thoughts whenever you mention going to Yuma. Those pictures just prove that it's an awesome place.
Really? The roach coach was at the reception? That's awesome. If you would have taken the pear I might have stolen it from you.
Your opening comments cracked me up. That reminds me of when Kimmy moved to Yuma and she kept getting the same reaction, "Why on earth are you moving to Yuma??" LOL.
LOVE the giant pear!!! Fleming's has giant wine bottles and I want one of those too. Not sure how that would look next to our picture of the Savior, but...
i love suzie and her family. the roach coach fits in perfect. i loved meeting miranda. her and kyle are really cute.
Post a Comment