Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkins Everywhere

So, the pumpkin carving party I went to... My friend Erin that I used to work with has an annual pumpkin party. I haven't been since I was pregnant with Clara. I'll do the math for you - that's three years. Not that I didn't know, but this year was a reminder of what I've been missing out on the past few years. An Erin party means perfect attention to detail, good food, pretty and tasty treats and plenty of laughter.
These poor unsuspecting people had no idea where this picture would end up.
Karen, Erin and I - we all used to work together. Now Erin is the only one still with the company.
I knew if I didn't plan ahead, I'd spend a few hours just to decide how to carve my pumpkin. Before I went, I made up my mind to make a ghost pumpkin. Simple and cute. I carved Mr. Ghost at Erin's, then painted it a few days later. Two days after that, I was making breakfast and Clara said, "What's this?" I turned around to see her shoving her finger in black mold. Sweet. Mr. Ghost's brains rotted out before Halloween ever came close. But you do see how cute he could have been, right?

10 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

Cute party! I want to have parties that beautiful someday...

I LOVE your white ghost pumpkin! So original! (Sorry about the mold... ew.)

mommy said...

Fun! Don't feel bad, Aaron's pumpkin was rotted before he ever even carved it - he cut out the top and found a moldy surprise inside.

Julie said...

Ryan and I went to a couple's pumpkin carving party years ago and it was so fun. . . I wish I could find the time to throw one. It looks so fun. (I can totally picture how cool your ghost pumpkin was!)

Jen said...

What a fun party!
Yummy food and lots of girl talk, i'm sure:)

Tiffany Haynes said...

That was a way cute party.
What a creative pumpkin!

Deb said...

So fun! I love carving pumpkins. I do it every year but it's more for myself than for my kids.

Rachel+Co said...

the beauty of living in utah is frozen pumpkins, not moldy ones. although, the mold does up the creepy factor. happy fall!

sheri rog said...

you should see our pumpkins we carved almost 2 weeks ago...and YES, they are still sitting on our front porch. the carrots we had in for the nose looks more like a toothpick now. imagine that! (all that yuckiness definitely adds to the fright)

DeWitts said...

I love your pumpkin!

Cook Zoo said...

What a creative idea. I love the Ghost Pumpkin. I may steal that idea next year and just paint the eyes black, save on the carving, and avoid the inevitable rotting brains that come with Halloween in Arizona. :)