Before
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Lights
At the end of January, our kitchen light burnt out. It was a fluorescent light and it really hadn't worked the right way since we'd been in hour house. So when I bought new bulbs and it still didn't work, I wasn't upset, but we couldn't afford to fix it. I decided I wanted to wait and get real lighting instead of spending money to replace a not-so-great light. I would rather go without than spend money on something I don't like. Little did I know it'd take nine months to get lights in my kitchen. Luckily most of that time was summer so I had extra sunlight while preparing dinner. But still, cooking in dim lights makes me grumpy. I'd turn all the lights around me on, sometimes even the light above the stove. Finally, last month Jason's cousin came and put our new lights in. It cost way more than we thought it would but before I let it bother me, I turned on the lights, sat on the couch and told Jason about nine times how much better it looks. It was well worth it. Any time of the day, it's like Noon in our kitchen. I love light. It makes me happy.
Before
During
Before
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
Wow, it does look really good. Totally worth it !
Ooooooooooooo I LOOOOOVE IT!
Yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a great upgrade! I love the look! Was that today's project?
WOW. Recessed lighting is the best. I like the cast of it, too. It makes things sparkle. I'm so happy for you!!!!
Oh, I love to have lots of lights! So nice :)
Nice! I'm with you on waiting and not putting in something you don't like. (Which is why I'm still suffering with carpet in my kitchen & dining room...)
Very nice! Guess you don't like our kitchen light then. It's the same as your old one. ;)
They look awesome! This may sound weird but I feel so glad when I see that you guys are able to do this now after the trials you've endured. To go from having to wait it out to buy a lightbulb like you said to finally getting new lights. It just makes me happy in my gut. And it shows me people survive through hard times only to come out better. That's good to know because I think we might be entering a trial period.... ;)
AAAAAAAAAAHHH! (That's like the heavenly choir sound when you turn on your nice new lights).
it's awesome. i want my kitchen fixed too.
looks so great. i love the vaulted ceilings. beautiful!
Congratulations on your new lights!
Niiiiiiice!!!!!
Oh, Love Love Love it!
let there be light! looks like you have been a busy beaver over there since i last check up on you. when you come visit me next will you teach me how to use my pressure cooker. does it work on your stove? i couldn't get mine to work last time i tried.
The lights look awesome! And just in time for winter too!
looks great! you dont HAVE to pay to visit the pumpkin patch- we just went to take pics the first year, only if you wanna do all the "fun" stuff- but i dont think it was worth it:)
Post a Comment