Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fall

I love October through January, like a lot. I look forward to it all year long. This year, I made a list of all the reasons why I love this time of year... Conference, cooler weather, Jason's birthday, Halloween, soup, my birthday, Thanksgiving, caramel apples, Clara's birthday, Christmas, lots of family time (and lots of family birthdays), New Year's Eve, goals, long sleeved shirts and sweaters/jackets, treats. See that? All three of our birthdays are in there plus my favorite holidays.

This past week I have really gotten a taste of fall: pumpkin cookies, pumpkin painting, pumpkin carving party, COLD weather and butternut squash bisque (somehow I managed to find the best recipe in the world and it was so, so good). After not having Jason home at his normal time for the third night in a row, I let Clara dress up in her costume, we made sucker ghosts and then I laughed at her running around in her underwear. It kept me from being mean mom and instead I tried to embrace Clara's imagination. After all, she's not always going to take her train to grandma's house and never leave our house.

10 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

You're a great mom!

Hey, are you willing to share your soup recipe? I've always wanted to try a squashy soup. :D

I AM JOE PESCI said...

What a cozy post! I also like the most delicious apples that my neighbor gives me around fall.

Rachel said...

Sugar cookie party?

I'll bring the sprinkles.

Jen said...

I'm sure Claire loved spending some quality time w/ her Mommy.

DeWitts said...

I love this time of year also. Happy Halloween!

angela hardison said...

is she dressing up on saturday? can i come see her?

Julie said...

You're cool. I'm lame. I become the mad mom. I'll try being like you.

sheri rog said...

we have just GOT to get our girls together. they'd have a blast, i know it! (i think we'd have a pretty good time, too)

the top reason i'm excited about this year's holiday season is that at the end of it all, i won't be pregnant anymore!!! wouldn't that top your list?

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I love this time of the year too. All my favorite holidays, my anniversary, and Melanie's birthday all tied in! I think you are a great mom. I think those littles one need to be able to use their imaginations. Now... if she were 16 running around the house in her underwear... well, that would be different. :o)

Cook Zoo said...

You have such a good attitude about things. I need to try to be more easy going when life is busy, husbands are late, etc etc.