Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Just Couldn't Resist

No, my room isn't clean.

I'm such a failure.

Okay, not really. I have gotten a lot done during my little hiatus. Each night I go to bed with every single item on my To Do list checked off. Tonight, I even got something on tomorrow's list done. I'm making progress and it feels good. There is, however, a reason I'm interrupting said hiatus to post. I have some pretty exciting news. I was going to wait, but my excitement overtook my willpower and this post began when I logged into my bank account this evening and saw this:
DO YOU SEE THAT? (My sisters do not approve of excessive use of capital letters, but I'm pretty sure this warrants them. Besides, they should be glad I didn't do this whole post in caps...)


Here's the story... Not long after our other contract fell through on our house, we got a call from some people wanting to buy the house. Their house was under contract and things seemed really strange. In general, it didn't seem real promising and based on my track record, I definitely didn't have anything to be excited about. However, things moved along very smoothly and quickly. Within a few days of the initial call, they gave us an offer (which was actually much better than the prior one) and after countering for a few days, we accepted (the first of August). They had until the end of September to close and fund. Did you know it's the first of September? Yeah, one month sooner than anticipated. Even after we signed papers (Friday), wired money (yup, we had to pay to sell our house... that's awesome, you should try it sometime) and had a copy of the recorded title (Monday), I still didn't believe it. I said I wasn't going to believe it until the loan didn't exist on my account. And as of today, it doesn't, so I guess I better start believing (until I go to sleep and start having nightmares about it).

Of course we're excited, but it still doesn't seem real. Plus, there's lots of aftermath that still needs to be attended to, so it's not all fun and games from here. Three years of financial distress is taxing, you know. And my, oh my, what a ride. Ups and downs and plenty of all-arounds. Times I thought things couldn't get worse and then they would. Times I wondered where money would come from. Times I learned more than I wanted to at the time. Times I thought it was almost over. Times I thought I'd be stuck with this huge financial burden forever. Times I thought housing would fall so low in Utah that there was no hope to get the appraisal we needed. Lots of "times" during that period of my life. Inevitably, there was a lot of learning going on too. Maybe more on that later... but maybe not because some of it is pretty personal.

I have noticed something trials. During them, they seem endless. I struggle seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It seems things will never pass. However, once it does end, I always, always, always look back and think wow, that was quick. And look! I'm a better person because of it. Of course I also look at certain times and wonder how I ever made it through (although I always know the answer). Anyway, I have decided this is how we're going to view life once we move on. We'll look back at our earth life and think, wow, that went quick, I learned so much and I'm a much better person. Oh what a beautiful day.

27 comments:

Lisa said...

Hip hip hooray!!!!!!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How's THAT for all caps? I'm gonna get up and do a little happy dance for you now!

Congratulations!!!

Kami Milliron said...

Hooray, congrats ! What a relief. Although I am sad because I wanted to be able to afford that home. That gorgeous, gorgeous home. I think you need to build another one just for Tyler and I ; )

Bekah: said...

I am so happy for you. This post resonated with me so much. I too have been through some "times" this past few years, haven't we all in our own ways? And I loved how you said "times I learned more than I wanted to know..."

Brenden+Nikki said...

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! Congrats! That has got to be the biggest weight off your shoulders! I can't even imagine! We're so happy for you guys!

Beka said...

its just exiciting ANNA! Seriously, i'm glad you didnt wait to post such big news on your blog to tell me ...ya know like other lame friends do:)

Marie said...

Oh happy day!!!! That is really great! Do you feel lighter? less weight on your shoulders??

DeWitts said...

I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

mommy said...

Hurrah!! When we get down there we're going out to celebrate!!

Alex said...

anna, you don't even know me, but i'm so happy for you! congratulations!
(i know angela & sometimes look at your blog, from hers).

Jen said...

Yay for Anna!

Deb said...

I'm glad your getting some things done and I'm glad you're moving on from this trial in life. What will you do with yourself now that you don't have to manage this stress all the time?

Lindsay said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations and may you not be cursed with nightmares. Go out and celebrate.

Kate said...

Hurray!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! What a blessing! Things can only get better from here on out (knock on wood). Congrats! ;)

Melanie said...

I'm so happy for you!!!!! Worth interrupting your hiatus. WOW!!!

Trent & Lindz said...

Hooray!!! We couldn't be happier for you guys. What a long awaited blessing! Congrats!
P.S. Thanks again for having us over for dinner the other night. We had a great time!

Julie said...

Yay!!!! I think you need to go out with some friends and get a pazookie to celebrate.

Lindsay said...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!! Congrats! With all that weight off your shoulders, I bet you just want to collapse to the ground for a bit! Congrats!

Kate said...

"Hooray" I mean (not hurray). I wasn't going to change it cause I was too lazy, but now hours later, I'm not lazy anymore. ;)

Matthew Palmer said...

That must be a huge relief! I am glad you two have stayed strong through it all.

David and Jana said...

Seriously, congratulations. We have accepted an offer on our house, (that we moved out of 2 years ago) and we're waiting to close a short sale. It's not really short, 60 days will be awesome. So happy you are done with that!!!

Jen & Blake said...

I am so happy to hear it sold! I loved that beautiful house:) I also loved your perspective and thoughts you shared. I know lot's can relate to your feelings. Thanks for giving in and posting, well worth it!!

angela hardison said...

i think i cried when i first read this. happy tears!

Rachel+Co said...

remember that song "happy, happy, joy, joy" from one of mom's tapes?

that is playing as background music in my head just for you.

finally. FINALLY!

i feel the same as you do about my life with one exception: the time spent suffering does not seem now, in retrospect, to have gone fast.

hopefully now those creepy homeowners will stop calling don.

i'm so happy for you. i think this deserves a phone call.

Emily Widdison said...

Oh what a beautiful day is right! Congrats!! So happy for you:)

Cook Zoo said...

HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!

Copple's said...

Woooooo Hoooooo. Congrats! We should celebrate and do lunch at cafe rio someday again soon.