My dad is having ablation surgery for his atrial fibrillation today. I am kind of fascinated with the procedure. It got even more fascinating to me when my dad couldn't explain exactly how the procedure works and rarely is there something he can't explain. Surgery on his heart via a vein in his leg? That's neat. It's not open heart surgery but the procedure is very intricate. He's had a Priesthood blessing. He's been in so many prayers. He's in excellent hands. But naturally I've taken some time to reflect on our relationship. I love my dad. I love that on a normal week I get to see him at least twice. Sometimes just long enough for a big hug and a quick joke, but always long enough to know he loves me.And then there is my mom who is celebrating her birthday today. So of course I think about how much I love my mom (and how I feel so lame for not getting a better birthday gift for someone I care so much about, even though she doesn't care about presents). She told my dad, "You better not die on my birthday; that wouldn't be very nice of you." That's right Dad, not very nice. What a birthday present! A birthday present that is only slightly better than the two new tires she got yesterday. Two new tires to replace the flat ones discovered as she was leaving to take Alexis and Justin to the airport. :)

17 comments:
I hope all goes well with your Dad's surgery. & Happy Birthday to your Mom.
I love that old pic, especially the clothes- Awesome!
Good luck with your Dad's surgery today. Please keep us posted : )
I will say a pray for you dad today. I hope all goes well. I always remember your mom on this day, maybe because its my birthday too. I hope she has a great day!
I hope all goes well!
That is a GREAT picture!! I love your dad's hair.
He's in our prayers - your mom too - so that she has a nice birthday. New tires?! Sweet.
Oh wow what luck of the draw to have a surgery on your Moms b-day. Good luck to your Dad! Happy Birthday to your Mom!
Happy b-day to your mom. She's so cute in that picture! LOOOOVE her dress too. Ablation surgery - is where they basically burn out an electrical pathway in the heart that causes the atria to contract wrong. They do that procedure at SHO all the time. People usually tolerate it well. Good luck to him!
Saying prayers for your dad, keep us updated. Happy Birthday to Aunt Helen!
They look so YOUNG! I wonder if we were the same way when we got married. I hope the surgery went well!
your dad will have a successful surgery & your mom will get her birthday wish, i promise!
When I read "ablation surgery for his atrial fibrillation" I thought, "I actually know what that is!" Hooray! (Oh, wait...)
I hope everything goes well for him. And happy birthday to your mom!
(Keep us posted about your dad!)
Did you steal that picture from me? (jk)... well I copied you and posted a different one :)
Hope everything went very well... I was thinking about you and your family today.
I will pray for Uncle Bill... I just love him. And thank you so much for the picture. I love thinking of our moms that way - their cute hot selves just barely getting married. It makes me so happy.
I hope everything goes well for your Dad. Prayers and all that.
Would it be inappropriate to say that I covet that dress your mom is wearing in that photo?
Anna, the reason I have a few old photos of them is because I borrowed their album and scanned 'em in when making that video for Mom's mother's day present years ago. So there!
What a great picture. I love your moms dress. Sorry to hear about your Dad. From reading your posts on your blog, he sounds like a really great guy.
Post a Comment