Alexis at Rachel and Don's reception. I think she's 3 and a few months in this picture.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Flashback Friday: Alexis
Alexis is in town and we got to hang out today. At 14, she's my oldest niece. FOURTEEN! I remember the day Alexis was born very vividly. She was born in California and we lived in Arizona so it was a few days before I got to see her. I couldn't wait to see her but I told myself I was going to talk to Emily first so Emily didn't think I was more excited to see her new baby than her. Unfortunately, my plan didn't work. I said a quick hi to Emily and immediately went for her perfect, beautiful baby. She had big round eyes, dark hair and evenly toned skin. She had little defined calf muscles, which obviously didn't come from our side of the family. Not only that, but, she's always been very mature for her age. I remember when she could barely talked I asked her if she wanted some water and she said, "No, I'm fine, thank you." She's the best "head niece" ever.
Alexis at Rachel and Don's reception. I think she's 3 and a few months in this picture.
Alexis at Rachel and Don's reception. I think she's 3 and a few months in this picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
What a beautiful girl and a great memory!
It's crazy to see your nieces and nephews get older, because it makes you only feel older.
My oldest niece is 5 years younger than me. She already is married and has her own baby, talk about feeling old....
I've always thought Alexis was beautiful, too. If Em is there, tell her Hi for me. =)
She has always been soo adorable, and still is.
RACHEL - do you see that chair ...EAMES! Where are they now? :)
She is a beautiful little girl.
That's a sweet little memory. So Clara has a good example to follow. . . I sometimes wish I became an aunt before I became a mother. It didn't work out that way. I think the aunt gets to experience all the fun stuff from a new baby. While the mother has to experience it ALL! (not that its a bad thing. . . just a lot at once).
Angela-
so funny, because before I read the comments i was staring at the chair thinking the exact same thing. they are the library chairs from Monticello that we borrowed. i remember being highly upset because we were supposed to have white chairs and when i walked outside all i saw was green and gold. what the crap!? if only i had the sense to appreciate them then. where are they now? still in the library? now i am going to have to take a trip down there and see for myself.
Anna-
since this is your post and about alexis, tell her i said hi. we were so sad to have missed them.
Of coures. scottishrose45@hotmail.com
Love her outfit. So cute! :)
Post a Comment