Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Woe unto the liar...

Five lies I tell myself and others on a regular basis:


1. I can afford that car, I just choose not to.


2. I have plenty of time to do that.


3. It won't be that hard to give up sugar.


4. We are rich.


5. No seriously, we are.

11 comments:

Amy said...

I really don't know if I could give up sugar. Okay, I could if I told myself to...I just don't think I could ever bring myself to do that. I just love it too much!

So, I don't have you're email address...would you give it to me (mine is amy0931@hotmail.com)?

angela hardison said...

HA.

I promise number 3 isn't a lie... it's really not that hard. If I can do it, you totally could too. Join me!

Vagabond Mother said...

What fun is life if you can't lie a little? One lie I like to say a lot is, "Everything will be fine."

Ooooo, deep.

Jen said...

I tell myself i am rich when i go grocery shopping. Seriously, I hate buying food!

David and Jana said...

I love it! Insightful post.
Actually if you don't eat sugar for a while, you start to feel good and you don't really want it anymore.

Kate said...

A little sugar never hurt anyone....
(as long as they brush their teeth) ;)

DeWitts said...

A little lie never hurts! Cute post!

Mike and Kari said...

I also try to convince myself of some of those same lies, although I would have to add "I'm staying home and cleaning the whole house tomorrow" to the list :)

Emily Widdison said...

Are they really lies if you tell everyone that they are?
You will be rich someday. You will.

Cook Zoo said...

My number one lie: "I'm not going to waste time on the computer today."

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Haha! I am always trying to convince myself that I have plenty of time to do that. As for sugar, I *know* that would be impossible to give up. No point in denying it ;)