Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shine On

I'm generally a happy, positive person. However, over the last few years, it's been difficult for me. It was just one thing after another for so long, I didn't have time to recover from one blow before the next came. I kind of felt like life thought it a great idea to kick me while I was down. I have never struggled so much with my attitude. Not that my life has always been a walk in the park, but before when difficult things came my way, it was one at a time. Suddenly, I was struggling with several at once, so the things that buoyed me up previously, became part of the struggle instead. I had to learn to seriously and completely rely on the things that matter most, the things that won't ever fail me no matter what. Family, my testimony and my relationship with God and Jesus Christ. Although short, it is enough to shine on through anything.

11 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

That is the perfect picture with your post. Clara is just a bright, happy person. You are so lucky. And I think you are smart to rely on your Testimony. During these times when the adversary is so strong, that is all we can do to stay on the straight and narrow.

Vagabond Mother said...

That is just how I feel as well. Thank you for simplifying it all and giving me perspective.

Bekah: said...

perhaps strength doesn't reside in having never been broken, but in the courage required to grow strong in the broken places.

David and Jana said...

Anna, I love you!
YOU are a bright happy thought!

angela hardison said...

word.

DeWitts said...

Love this pic of Clara and Anna you are a great person!

Rachel+Co said...

are we living the same life a few years apart? you should go read the post i just posted.

and light will always be stronger than darkness.

Rhiannon said...

I love your blog posts. Thanks for making a comment on mine. Next year you and fam should come up UT for the Rodeo. The Western Stampede is so different then the Snowflake Rodeo.

Ashley Harris said...

Oh my gosh, I totally almost wrote a post just like this one tonight ... I still might in the next couple of days. I feel like I wake up grumpy and I go to bed grumpy and I just can't shake it and find who I am, who I was - a (usually) happy girl who people think smiles too much. I want that girl back. Thanks for this post - its nice to know I'm not completely alone in feeling this way sometimes!

Jamie Wilkinson said...

That is a very sweet post. Does it make me shallow, though, that the thing I took from it is "I want to get that dress for Lily"? Hmmm

Cook Zoo said...

And that right there is exactly why we all get pushed to the limits - it isn't until then that we realize just how much we depend on our Heavenly Father and the Savior. It's something we absolutely have to know if we're going to progress.

And I think you're attitude is great Anna. You rock.