I've been saying I need a vacation for a long time. We got out of town a lot, but here's my new definition of a vacation: going somewhere to spend time with just our little family. Not that I don't love family and friends, but it'd be nice not to have to be on anyone
else's schedule or worry about pleasing a big group of people. I want to be able to spend all our time with each other and not have to share. Maybe I'm selfish, but life is a little bit crazy and we just need some time together.
Whatever I am, it's a darn shame we can't go on vacation any time soon.
However, Jason had yesterday off and we had lots of fun. It was the best pretend vacation ever. We went to the Zoo in the morning. Not surprising, Clara loved the splash pad.

Clara has been waiting a long time to ride the train and we finally did. We saw almost no animals, but we got some animal facts fed to us we wouldn't have known about from walking, so that was fun.

Thank goodness we rode the train because even with the train ride, we came pretty close to melting. And although I found it funny that the A/C in my car kept going off and on as we drove home, Jason sure didn't find an ounce of humor in it.
That evening we went kayaking down the river with our friends, after which we had dinner at our house and a quick
FHE lesson. Clara rode in the kayak with Jason (figured that was a wee bit safer considering my last
experience...). I am happy to report, I stayed upright this time around. Had I flipped, I was definitely more prepared: no wedding ring, tennis shoes and less rock danger. I didn't see near as many birds, but we saw lots of wild horses and a muskrat.

It was a great day. I think we should devote more days to pretending Jason is retired and we're on vacation.
9 comments:
you saw wild horses!!!!!!!!!!! that's the coolest ever. I'd take that vacation any day!
That sounds like fun. The zoo is fun with the two splash zones. I was a little disappointed that it cost $16 per adult. I am cheapsake!
So fun! Way to go doing some family time together:)
glad you got a pretend vacation atleast. that top photo of clara rocks.
I love pretend vacations! Looks like a fun day.
I'm jealous. . . Ryan and I always say we need to do more with just OUR little (read: family of six) family. And we even have a zoo pass. . . but we just aren't as creative and adventurous as you. I mean, we don't know how to have fun when our A/C keeps turning off in 110 degree weather. We just aren't as cool as you.
I can totally relate to wanting time with just your family. I think that's really important too. And nothing wrong with staying in the city. We still have such good memories from our afternoon at the river.
OH. MY. HECK!!!! I totally just read the first paragraph of this entry to Matt because I have been telling him the SAME THING!!! If that makes me selfish, so be it!! I'm glad you were able to enjoy some family fun time. :0
I miss kyaking on the river. They have rivers here, but they are all over an hour away. I suppose I could take up ocean kyaking, but I just can't bring myself to spend $600 on an ocean kyak when I have a perfectly functional river kyak.
And pretend vacations are the best. We go on them most every weekend to fool ourselves into thinking we've actually had a vacation.
Post a Comment