Monday, July 20, 2009

Laughing All the Way

It doesn't take much to make me laugh. Sometimes it's appropriate, sometimes it's not.

Inappropriate: Clara passing gas REALLY loud in Church.

Appropriate: Watching the single driver in the HOV lane trying so hard to get over when they see the cop ahead. Unfortunately for them, the car in the lane they're attempting to switch into wouldn't let them in.

Inappropriate: Peaking on Clara during the prayer, seeing her doing something silly and bursting out laughing.

Appropriate: Everyone at work making comments about how quiet I am. "I forgot you're back there, you're so quiet." ... "Well, you're quiet like usual." If only they knew...

Inappropriate: Telling Clara to stop whining and she says, "I'm not whining, I'm yelling!"

Not sure: Parking my pigeon poop covered 8.5 year old Civic next to the boss' shiny new car that is worth more than my annual salary ever was.

And I'm guessing something that cops get a kick out of is driving 53 MPH and watching 99% of drivers drive 53 MPH as well because they are afraid to actually drive the speed limit and pass the cop.

12 comments:

Julie said...

Your blog is so funny. You have a way of making the mundane daily things entertaining.

p.s. I'm always the one with laughing or peeking with the kids during the prayer. I think Ryan gets really tired of it. i think he needs to lighten up. :)

p.p.s. Passing gas in church (no matter the age or the volume) is ALWAYS funny. Period.

mommy said...

You're hilarious, Anna.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

I laugh at *everything*. I've actually had people get mad at me because I laugh too much. Glad I'm not the only one.

Oh, and I would have died laughing if Lily said "I'm not whining, I'm yelling". I am destined to have absolutely no authority with her ;)

DeWitts said...

Thanks for the good laugh!

Ryan said...

"the car in the lane they're attempting to switch into wouldn't let them in."

My hero right there!

Lindsay said...

The last one is actually one of my BIGGEST driving pet peeves!!! For heavens sake people, the cop isn't going to pull you over for driving the speed limit, even IF you pass said cop!! That and people slamming on their brakes and going UNDER the speed limit when they see a "photo enforcement" sign/car/camera. ::rolleyes::

Ashley Harris said...

In Matt's case, he HATES it when people go slow while he's on duty because he doesn't care about them - he's always on his way to something more important (and hardly ever writes speeding tickets) so he wishes people would just get out of his way!! I laugh at inappropriate times too.

angela hardison said...

I think I win for laughing at inappropriate moments.

(hint: temple prayer...)

sheri rog said...

i passed a cop once...he didn't think it was very funny that i dared to pass him...i got a ticket!

why do we always seem to see our cuties making funny faces in the middle of prayers? i can't help but laugh out loud,too. (i'm sure as parents, we're forgiven)

Rachel+Co said...

must run in the family. i remember when i was getting my endowments out and mom couldn't stop laughing.

ah well. funny, funny. what is it with everyone slowing down around the cops? next time i'll try laughing as i zoom by, instead of feeling irritated.

Jen said...

Oh I love it all:)

Cook Zoo said...

"I'm not whining, I'm yelling!" made ME laugh!!!