I'm done with my first month of discipline. Remember? Not going to bed without doing the dishes? Well, it worked. It helped that Jason did them frequently, but I was also sure to put away breakfast and lunch dishes right away knowing if I didn't, it'd just be longer at night. Every night it got done with the exception of the very last night of the month. Of course that would happen. Clara was having a really rough night and she was only happy laying on me, so I went to bed earlier than planned and left two dishes dirty. Shame on me. The good news is, I think this helped me to develop a better pattern. I have always preferred to do the dishes in the morning. But I've realized I'm able to keep my kitchen cleaner, for whatever reason, if I do them at night instead. It's just easier to maintain a clean kitchen when I wake up to a clean sink as opposed to a sink of dirty dishes.
Anyway, so on to month 2... exercise five days a week. I am not good at getting regular exercise. Because of that, I'm not committing to so many minutes a day and it certainly won't always be a specific routine. On Wednesday, I counted walking around the Zoo for two and a half hours. I'm hoping this will help me feel better and give me more energy.
That's all.
Man I'm boring this week.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
::yawn:: JUST KIDDING. This is great. I like that you don't have anything specific. When I get back maybe we could go walk or run or something once in a while. Like at 4:30 in the morning - when it's still cool. I kid. But we oughtta go do something. Exercise is more fun if 1) you have a friend with you or 2) you're running from a bear.
You're not boring - this is amazing! I need to do better with making goals to correct my weaknesses (especially the dishes thing!!!)
Way to go Anna! You did great last month, two dishes on the last day or not! It took me awhile to discover that it's easier for me to get them done at night too. I love waking up to a clean kitchen. :)
Good luck on your exercising. I've been doing Dance Dance Revolution lately. If you want to come over and dance sometime, you have a standing invite. It's a great workout without being boring.
I do my dishes at night. I like starting the day off to a good start. Good luck exercising! Wish I could say I do the same, but I can't bring myself to do it. Maybe some day...
Choosing exercise as your next goal in the middle of the summer is brave. Happy 4th!
great goal for the month. I need to join in the band wagon. Before getting pregnant, exercise was fun and easy... just go for a run. But that's not allowed anymore, so it's a little bit harder for me.
ha ha you are not boring! I have the same problem though...I either can write about upcoming baby, work.....and yeah that's about it. ha ha.
good job anna. exercise is my therapy. i always feel better when i'm doing it regularly. good luck.
how does running the mesa 10k (turkey trot) sound this year? dad said he's up for it. if i can get some of you to commit, i think we'll come down for t-day. (a little shameless bribe)
love ya.
yes, this is something Ernie and I are currently commiting to do. I don't have a problem keeping up with the dishes anymore, but the laundry is still a trial.
Post a Comment