Tonight we drove far, far away (okay, not that far) to visit Kiri, Aaron, Adalyn and Jacob. James called shotgun (who cares if I'm his senior, he called it) on the way home so I sat in the back by Clara. Most of the hour plus drive home, we held hands. (And pointed out the temples that are as abundant as wheat in my food storage). Walking around, Clara doesn't like to be tied down to Mom. But in the car, she loves to hold my hand or finger, especially at night or when she's tired. I love it too. I love her tiny little soft hands that have a surprisingly strong grip. I love rubbing the top of her hand and her little fingers to let her know I'm there, I care and I love her. Tonight, it got me thinking about the power of touch. I think touch is an underestimated way of showing our feelings. It doesn't matter who a relationship involves, touch magnifies the feelings we verbally express. There is an energy that emulates from another person and communicates with the heart and soul in ways words cannot. Isn't it amazing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That is so true. When I am sad and Tyler hugs me, there is a feeling that is hard to describe. I suddenly feel safe and comforted. And when Douglas crawls into my lap and puts his arms around me, I feel my duties as a Mother become so much more. Very good observation : )
Are you trying to tell me you want more hugs from me? :)
Tell all the Colemans I love and miss them much.
I love holding Cooper's hands. I don't think theres anything better than a touch of hands from a child.
I guess the wheat in my food storage is more like Arizona temples - not quite so abundant. ;)
This was a touching post. (Pun not intended.)
Well said. Every day my kids are given a list of "chores." Ya know, make their bed, brush their teeth, etc. One of the thing they have to check off is "Give Mom a Hug." i think it starts the day off better for all of us.
You're such a good mom.
Yes, I miss you! I was wondering what you were up to that was keeping you from blogging. ;) Enjoy your trip!
I love reaching back and holding my kids' hands while I'm driving. Until my arm falls asleep. The only one that I can do this with right now is Gavin, since he's forward facing in the middle row. I'd have to bust an ElastaGirl move to hold one of the twins' hands!
Post a Comment