I kind of like experimenting, especially if it involves money in some way. When I was in Utah, James, my mom and I went to my house to clean it a bit. We were just wiping the counters, sweeping a little and cleaning the toilets. I couldn't get the toilets clean with Clorox toilet bowl cleaner. The hard water left the lovely little calcium (or whatever mineral) ring. So a few days later, I went to
Wal Mart to buy something different and went back to clean the toilets. I got The Works* (my mom's suggestion)

and Kaboom (I've used it before and kind of like watching it foam up, plus it's always worked at my house).

Anyway, The Works was $1.12 and Kaboom was $4.97. Guess what? Kaboom got nothing off and The Works didn't leave any traces. Even in the half bathroom, the worst one*, I got the toilet sparkling clean with just a few swipes of the brush after letting it sit for a minute or two. So, not only is it way cheaper, The Works works magnificently.
*Not "Works" by Clorox, "The Works".
**Dear Person that used the toilet when you were looking at the house. I get it, sometimes you've just gotta go. However, had you called and let someone know you used the toilet and couldn't flush it because the water was turned off, I would've really appreciated it and I know Don would've appreciated it even more, since he's the one that made the initial discovery and cleaned it mostly up. I know you tried to flush it, because you broke the toilet in the process. However, in the end, you decided to leave it for someone else to take care of. Last time I checked, that toilet is in a nice, new home and isn't an outhouse down by the river. So next time, please have the courtesy to let someone know that your traces of Mother Nature have been left behind.
11 comments:
I totally hear ya... and "The Works" is what they sell at the Dollar Tree for, you'll never guess, $1! They have several cleaners at the dollar store that work way better than expensive brands.
As for the person who did that... gross! :) I'm sorry you had to clean it.
p.s. I only know so much about where to buy "The Works" becuase this is what the boys use to make bombs... just in case you needed to know what else you can use it for.
Thanks for the cleaning tip. I'm going to have to try the works. What a sad person that left his mark at you house and didn't even say anything about it. The nerve of some people.
Gross! Gross!
So sad that happened to you, but thanks for doing the experiment so the rest of us can just go buy The Works! :)
Thanks for the advice about The Works, I need to look for it. I can't believe someone did that in your house, and broke the toilet too!! By the way, will we be seeing you guys on Sunday??
Ew. People are nasty.
Wow. I guess more money doesn't always mean better quality.
I've used Kaboom and thought it was good for little besides the foam show.
I can't wait to try "the works" I need something to get my toilets clean. Clorox and Kaboom never seem to work, so thanks for tip.
I took my blog off private because I had relatives that couldn't understand how to still see it when it was private. Thanks for always leaving great comments.
Thanks for the tip! I've never heard of The Works but I'll definitely try it. I'm a fan of cheap window cleaner too. :)
P.S. My word verification is "blogie". I think that's cute.
i just cleaned our toilette a few weeks ago & found myself elbow deep scrubbing with a pumice stone...thanks for the tip (although a little late!)
Ü
Post a Comment