Last week, I got carried away and looked through almost EVERY SINGLE photo I own, that is not digital, with Clara. I thought it might be fun to start Flashback Fridays. I will post a picture with a little story. Sometimes the picture will be funny, sometimes it will be embarrassing, sometimes it will just be a fond memory, but always it will have a story. Here are five reasons this is going to be great:
1. Several photos are sure to make you laugh (just wait until you see what I've got for today)
2. If you've known me long enough, you might just see yourself (like it or not)
3. You will be reminded of lovely fashions
4. It will help me document the memories associated with the photos (so often I can look at a picture and remember conversations and things that happened when the photo was taken)
5. If my house ever burns down, at least I'll have some of my non-digital photos scanned in
To make sure I don't lose hope in you, I've decided to include one of my most embarrassing pictures for today.
At least 10 years ago, we did glamour shots for a mutual (church youth group) activity. Between the lighting, my hair, that brooch, those earings and my awesome green corduroy shirt, there is nothing glamorous about it. But it's a flashback, and a funny one at that. I'm pretty sure this is funnier than any FOF ever was...

23 comments:
That is totally awesome. I love the hair, brooch does complete the outfit.
I can't wait to see more. You should add some pictures of the time we drove around by Ramsey's mansion. Oh good times.
That's YOU? Nuh-uh!
Glamour Shots for mutual. . . what exactly was the purpose of that activity? Its going on the ward bulletin board.
Holy Hair! You're brave. I'd like to burn all of my pictures from 6th grade through my senior year.
Oh this is priceless !
Awesome!!! I'm so excited for Flashback Fridays. I'll be looking forward to them all week! (not kidding :)
Anna, you look like an 80's Soap Opera star... your flamboyant hair, the brooch, the shirt.. you've got the whole package, and it was even the 90's right!??!! :)
Anna,
I too will be looking forward to your Flashback Fridays, that is funny. If I look hard enough I may have something to contribute for you to post one of these days. ;-)
Ahh...the old glamour shots. We had the same activity for mutual when I was a beehive---NOT my most glamourous age, that's for sure.
I wish I knew you long enough to be in a flashback!
Lol! I was waiting for this post! Great pic! I have a picture somewhere, probably at my parents house of my YW glamour shot. I remember it being really ugly. I'm almost sure I had poofy bangs. That's so funny Anna. Glad you shared it with us all. :)
I love this idea! That picture is amazing.
That's really you? Wow - the lighting. It's almost like you're on fire.
I have some awesome glamour shot photos, too. From my 18th b-day. Hmmmm, am I brave enough?
Totally rad Anna, totally rad.
Bwahahaha....
I love it girly!! You should bring that look back!! :o) It rocks!!
I'm laughing so hard right now. You are adorable!
You look great! I didn't even recognize you. You should have brought that one to the enrichment!!
that picture is AWESOME!!:) now we really need to hang out
I can't believe that's you. I have about twenty pictures way more embarrassing then that one. I can't wait to see more.
ha ha that is hilarious!! That doesn't even look like you! :) I love the flasback Friday idea. Very cute and fun. I can't wait to read what is next! Thanks for sending me that email by the way. We are seriously considering it!
If this is a sign of things to come, I am WAY excited about Flashback Fridays! Love that pic. (I've always wanted to try Glamour Shots - maybe I'll actually do it one day.) LOL
P.S. I've thought of posting my photos for the same "in case my house burns down" reason.
Ooooo Baby!!! No wonder Jason fell in love with you!!! :)
I'm with Julie...I don't quite see the PP in that activity.........
Love that picture! A few months ago I came across a picture that I took when I was in 6th grade and you in 5th...it's pretty awesome. One of these days I'll have to dig it out again and scan it in and send it to you.
it looks like you grew up in show low!
That's my sister.
(p.s. I remember wearing that green corduroy shirt too... ahahahaa)
Post a Comment