Friday, May 22, 2009

Flashback Friday: Awesome Jackets

Looking through pictures often leaves me emotionally overwhelmed. So much happiness, but so much sadness when you see certain things that are different. People that are gone (and not just physically). I remember nothing from my picture for today. It's me with my three older siblings (Rachel left, Emily middle, Ryan boy) and my cousin Kristie (top right) that lived with us. So why did I pick this picture? The jackets. Awesome jackets times three. And Ryan's is definitely worth mentioning too. And why else? I looked at our happy faces. I thought of my mom taking the picture. I thought of her trials before this picture... and I thought of them since the picture. She's been through a lot, yet we were still happy. She's still happy. I'm glad we don't know what trials are in our future. Instead, we get to spend the present working on dealing with our current trials, preparing ourselves and our children for things that may come our way and focusing on being happy and enjoying life.

12 comments:

JLynn said...

Cute little Anna. :) Did you show the picture to Clara? Clara shares your cute little smile. I was wondering if she'd point and think it was her. :)

The 80's had awesome jackets and lots of sweats. Hope you have a fun Memorial Day weekend!!

angela hardison said...

Better than the jackets:

- Emily and Rachel's bangs
- That you look so much like Clara in this picture



(Also, this post made me cry.)

I AM JOE PESCI said...

yeah - this is a sweet picture. made sweeter by your post.

Julie said...

Sweeeeeet. . . .

Lisa said...

Very cute. You were (and are still!) so very cute! I agree with Angela, Clara does look a lot like you did when you were little.

DeWitts said...

Sweet post and picture!
Angela is so right, Clara looks like her momma!

Kami Milliron said...

Love the jackets. Nice !

Cook Zoo said...

Oh my gosh, I remember jackets like that!!! What year was this taken?

I love what you said about trials and the children being happy anyway. Children are so resiliant.

Thank goodness.

Rachel+Co said...

I concur with Angela. The bangs are definitely a highlight of the picture.

Note to self: find my old photo albums next time I'm at Mom's.

I see Mom's old Oldsmobile in the background. For some reason I absolutely loved that car when I was little.

Candice said...

Anna, today I looked at your blog specifically for more meal ideas. I hate to cook, and I mean HATE! and I've run out of ideas of good meals. so I looked up your blog for some more ideas. I'm glad you posted all of these !

Kate said...

Oh yeah my brothers and I had jackets like those too. Something went seriously wrong in the 80's. :)Look at you! You're so little! You look like Clara with blond hair (I guess you should since you're her MOM).

Lindsay said...

I had the exact same jacket!!! Too funny!