Bad news: They are closing the office he works in, he has to commute to Phoenix now (I did it for 2 1/2 years so I don't feel too bad for him, but I feel bad for me because I have to wait that much longer for him to come home :)) and they are reducing his pay.
Good news: He still has a job, he'll be able to work 32-40 hours a week at least until May (which, even at a reduced pay, is better than the 24 he's been working) and he can carpool with his friend to work.
Sometimes life is one thing after another. For a minute, that got old. But now it's more or less entertaining to see what is next.
A few weeks ago I had a little experience. I won't bore you with the details (and besides that, they are a little personal), but I realized that I have never gone without so I really have no reason to worry. In one way or another, our needs will be met. Always have been, always will be as long as we're doing our best at doing what we should. So, when you ask me how I'm doing and I say I'm good, I'm serious. The peace that comes into our lives from the Holy Ghost is an unmatched comfort.
I've also been feeling especially grateful for the career I sought eight years ago. At the time, I had no idea how it would bless our current lives. I'm fascinated every time I ponder other decisions I made and other "little" blessings that we've received over the last several years that seemed so insignificant at the time, yet have made such a significant impact. Sometimes the little things matter most.

11 comments:
Very sweet post. And very true. I am often having to remind myself that things have always worked out and my family and I have always been blessed to not have to go without.
cute picture of Clara, btw. Was that up this way?
You're amazing Anna. Thanks for making me happy. :D
Does this mean you get to stay? You've got great perspective on things.
I love reading your blog. What's the "move" status? And Clara's snot inhaling is awesome!
That picture is awesome. And so is the good news.
You have a great perspective on things. You rock Anna.
You know, I really have a hard time reminding myself of this. You're right; absolutely right. Nevertheless, sometimes I get SERIOUSLY caught up in "my house has no curb appeal" or "I want new kitchen countertops" or "I don't have as good as ...." and so forth. But seriously? It's all silly.
I appreciate your perspective. I need more of it myself.
fortunately... unfortunately... the story of our lives. where is that giant tree stump?
I love your outlook on life. Love the pic of Clara!
so wise & what a perfect accompanying picture!
love it!
I can't believe that is at the Phoenix Zoo. Crazy! But really, the zoo there is the best one I've ever been to
Post a Comment