'Twas the week before Christmas and life explodes... (with fun)
12.21 Clara's birthday. She and I watch The Princess and the Frog in the morning. Then for the family celebration, go to the train park. Wait in line for the train at the McCormick Train Park for 2.5 hours. Sing 'Happy Birthday', eat cookies and drink hot chocolate while waiting. Board train. Train breaks down.
De-board train. Wait for broken train to move. Wait for other train to return. Re-board train. Enjoy our train ride. Don't enjoy getting home at 10:30pm and getting Clara to bed at 11:00pm. Do enjoy celebrating such a special little person.

12.22 Angela's birthday.

Clara finally opens presents. Loves it all. Has a hard time opening presents after she opens a book.

12.23 Decide having triplets would be fun. Take Clara, Lucy and Elsa to see Santa at Bass Pro Shop. 3 times the girls, 3 times the food, 3 times the car (I had to drive Kathryn's to fit three car seats), you get the picture. Consequently, 3 times the fun. Until I roll Elsa's hand up in the window. {No wonder I'm her favorite aunt.} {Don't tell Clint. He might say I did it on purpose because I might have rolled his hand up in the window this summer.}

At night go to
Beka and Danny's. See high school friends. Clara sees her boyfriends.

Have white elephant gift exchange. Rob receives coolest gift ever. Potted lettuce. Lindsay is a genius!

12.24 Cleaning mode kicks in. Clean a lot. Watch Christmas movies. Decide a new tradition is to go out to eat on Christmas Eve. Go out to eat. (Dear
Restaurateurs, Please establish a good restaurant within 10 miles of my house because there aren't many. Thank you.). Come home. Discuss the birth of our Savior by Christmas tree light. Sing songs. Go to bed.

12.25 Merry Christmas! Clara loves her electric toothbrush more than anything else. Play at Mom's all day long. Eat dinner at Suzanne's. Rachel and family arrive... life on hold until she leaves.
PS After I published this post, it wasn't on my blog and it seemed hitting the "publish post" button deleted it. I panicked and got a little sick. Luckily, five minutes later I realized I probably used the wrong year. Sure enough, I used 2009, not 2010. Woops. Phew, glad I don't have to redo this.
9 comments:
and i am just now taking my life back off hold. it was such a blast. i'll have all those memories to hold on to when life gets sticky in 2010. thanks for every thing.
I love the picture of Clara standing next to your glowing Christmas tree. Looks like you had a great Christmas.
Happy New Year to you guys. We always go out to eat on Christmas Eve too, right after we go to church. It is a good tradition, no cleaning up!
love that pic of clara & my boys:) good thing stealing pics is ok & somewhat do-able on blogs-i'm totally putting it somewhere on my blog:) we need to hang out...oh wait, i'm about to have a baby...you need to come visit me this week- after wed at 12:30pm:)
Love the pic of the Christmas Tree. So beautiful & sweet :)
Looks like you had a lovely Christmas. Clara is getting to big but she's such a cutie!
I'm really glad that my birthday photo included me holding on to two little babies. That makes me happy.
Although the christmas tree picture is lovely my favorite is the one of clara opening her birthday presents. I love the look on her face, what a doll.
I think we will have to start going out to dinner on christmas eve too, that is a great idea.
You're funny about the triplets remark. Fun-ny. ;)
Sounds like a great week!
Post a Comment