Friday, January 9, 2009

FOF - Tetris

During the insomnia phase of my pregnancy with Clara, I spent many hours in the middle of the night playing Tetris on my computer (it's programmed into an excel file). Now it's just something I like to do to relax. I've realized that Tetris isn't just entertaining, but wise as well.

Laugh all you want, but here are five life lessons learned from Tetris...

You have to be creative to make it work with what you get.

Sometimes we don't get what we think we need, but having an open mind allows us to use what we do get to our benefit.

The more prepared you are, the less a disaster will effect you and the easier it will be to recover. (My personal favorite)

Things can get nasty real fast.

It feels really good when all the puzzle pieces fall into place and a load goes away, even if it's only temporary.
In case you're wondering, that score is mine, it rocks and FOF = Five on Friday.

8 comments:

DeWitts said...

haha! you're to funny! Gotta love tetris.

JLynn said...

oh anna I'm so sorry to inform you of this but I'm the tetris queen. :) I think my highest score is like 650 lines something lines in one game and I'm not even gloating. :) I think I did a post about it in 2007. I have a little handheld tetris from target and it's helped me become the tetris champion that I am. Tetris is for the cool people. It rocks!

JLynn said...

I just checked my archive. :) I posted pictures about 565 lines in one game in 4/07. But I'm quite sure my best score was 650 lines somethin. I should check my archive again! I'm sure of it. I LOVE tetris. How come I'm not a genius with numbers like you are if I'm such a tetris fanatic?? :)

Brenden+Nikki said...

We totally played that exact version of Tetris at work when we were board in between closings. We would all compete with each other but I don't think any of us had the score that you do. And I LOVE the life lessons that you learned. Don't you love how you can pull so many lessons from so many little things in life? I love them!

Brenden+Nikki said...

yep - and that would be bored, not board. yep -I'm the english major of the family. My only excuse is that it's 7:13am on a Saturday and I have to go to work so I'm not functioning properly.

Rachel+Co said...

you are so good at tetris. and everything will be just fine. even if we are all living at mom and dad's. everything will be fine =).

Camille said...

I discovered the life lessons of Tetris in high school, and totally agree with your theory---it's such a profound game! Though my playtime has taken a cut since I don't have that particular graphing calculator any more...

Cook Zoo said...

***checking my excel file for tetris*** ;)